This Blue Cheese & Bacon Steak Salad is a great main course salad that even the foodie in the family will love!
Although I have a deep love for comfort food, one of my favorite things in the world is a good main course salad.
My day is not complete unless I have one.
Just because I’m eating salad all the time, doesn’t mean I survive on rabbit food.
Far from it.
And it also doesn’t mean that I am eating the salads I grew up on.
You know the ones. Iceberg lettuce, carrots, cheese, and croutons all drowning in a serving or two of Ranch dressing.
The kind made from a packet.
Nothing wrong with that kind of salad – but I think that we can all agree that it doesn’t make a meal. Certainly not one that will fuel you for long.
With two boys, one of which will be a teenager this year, if I want to serve salad for a meal it is going to need to be a hearty one.
One like this Blue Cheese & Bacon Steak Salad.
It is so packed with flavor that even the foodie in the family will approve.
I have to confess that after one bite, I wanted to save it all for myself.
But then there was the whole four people asking me what was for dinner thing.
I had to share.
One thing that made this steak salad so incredible is that I use grass-fed steaks Ranch Steaks from Butcher Box.
You simply MUST try their meat.
After watching that viral video about supermarket meat that is going around Facebook, I’ve started to re-think where I bought my meat. I knew I wanted grass-feed beef, but this really got me thinking about quality.
When I tried Butcher Box, the whole family was blown away by the taste. My husband is a bit of a meat snob. He hates ground beef and shuns any steak other than Rib Eye.
He loved these Ranch Steaks and didn’t even ask what cut it was. (In the past I’ve made salads with flank steaks, and he picked off the meat.) I attribute this to just how flavorful the meat was.
Later in the week, I made ground beef tacos with their ground beef, and after taking one bite, he stopped and asked me where I got the meat. He could taste the difference and so could I.
You can read my full review on Butcher Box HERE.
Right now they are offering my readers a special offer for giving them a try.
Blue Cheese Bacon Steak & Spinach Salad
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 oz Ranch Steak
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Swerve or other sweetener
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 pieces bacon I used turkey bacon
- 10 ounces raw spinach
- 2 shallots sliced thin
- 4 ounces blue cheese crumbled
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, parsley, and crushed red pepper. Place steaks and a shallow dish and cover with marinate. Marinade for 2-3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Make dressing by combining olive oil, vinegar, sweetener, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper in a blender. Process until smooth. Refrigerate until serving.
- Remove steaks from refrigerator and allow to sit for 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange bacon in a single layer and bake for 15 minutes. Flip and bake until crisp, about 10 minutes longer. (Time will vary depending on bacon used.) Allow bacon to cool slightly and crumble.
- Meanwhile, grill steaks for about 10-12 minutes (or until desired doneness), flipping once.
- Place spinach and shallots in a large bowl and toss with desired amount of dressing. Divide greens among serving bowls and top with steak, bacon and blue cheese.