Get ready to level up your culinary skills with our Caprese Grilled Zucchini recipe. This dish involves a simple grilling technique that transforms humble zucchinis into a mouthwatering, tender delight. You'll be amazed at how the grill brings out the flavors of this garden-fresh ingredient. And the best part? It only takes a few minutes on the grill to create this impressive dish.
If you like Zucchini, you must make this Caprese Grilled Zucchini.
It is funny to me to think that once upon a time, vegetables were something that my parents had to force me to eat.
My Mom was a good cook, but even so, my sister and I were always looking for creative ways to get out of eating our veggies.
I can remember my sister getting in major trouble for hiding her butterbeans in her napkin and rushing off to the bathroom to flush them.
I am not sure how she thought she was going to get away with that, considering there were four of us gathered around a tiny kitchen table.
I can only assume she was desperate.[clickToTweet tweet="Caprese Grilled Zucchini" quote="Caprese Grilled Zucchini"]
Vegetables do that to some kids.
Though I have similar struggles with my kids, veggies tend to be the first thing on my plate that I eat.
I love to try new twists on vegetables when we dine out because I am always learning something new.
For instance...okra. (I guess some of you cringe at that word.)
Last Friday we went to Tupelo Honey in Asheville for lunch, and I had the most amazing grilled okra. It was one of the best appetizers I've had and certainly better than any fried okra I have had. I almost didn't order it because hubby gave the idea big thumbs down.
Apparently, okra was the dish he tried to hide as a kid.
I encouraged him to take a bite, and he couldn't believe how great it was. I should have kept my mouth shut because...more okra for me.
While I don't have a new okra recipe for you today, I do have a fun twist on a favorite veggie. This Caprese Grilled Zucchini is a delicious summer side dish that even the most reluctant of vegetable eaters will enjoy!
If you like this Caprese Grilled Zucchini, you may also like these Zucchini Recipes:
- Quinoa Baked Zucchini Chips with Sriracha Dipping Sauce
- Zucchini Fritters with Feta
- Quinoa Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Shaved Zucchini Salad with Tomatoes & Goat Cheese
- Zucchini Feta Quinoa Salad
Caprese Grilled Zucchini
- Combine avocado oil, basil red wine vinegar and lemon juice in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the zucchini in a large ziplock bag or shallow dish. Pour marinade over and let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill to medium heat. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Grill zucchini for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until grill marks form.
- Place zucchini on a parchment lined baking sheet. Top with chopped tomato and torn fresh mozzarella. Bake until cheese melts, about 25 minutes. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and garnish with basil.