These Curried Sweet Potato Quinoa Patties with Spicy Yogurt Sauce are a fun twist on quinoa patties and a great way to mix up your meal plan. With hot mango chutney, curry powder, turmeric, and cumin, this is a heathy vegetarian meal that is flavor-packed.
I hope you guys have been enjoying all of the amazing guest posts we've had lately.
Someone emailed me the other day and asked me if I was still cooking. 🙂 (It was a friendly email and the question was a bit tongue in cheek.)
The answer to that question is YES! Well, sort of.
We just moved into a house where we will be for the next five months. (To me, that is a long time.) The kitchen is positively glorious. I've spent the last week getting settled, thinking about all the things I want to cook and getting really excited.
I just made the first few recipes for QuinoaFit 2 (Out in January 2014), which I'm thinking of calling Quinoa Strong. (Thoughts?)
The only reason that I haven't already gotten more done is this little angel.
To say that she is a busy girl is an understatement.
She's in her third week of teething and my poor girl is having such a hard time of it. Her two bottom teeth are still only about half way in. It really breaks my heart. I've tried everything I know to do for her, but nothing seems to help. Other than teething tablets. (She's too little for teething biscuits and I seem to remember those being a lifesaver with the boys.)
Though I've tried not to do this much until now, but these days I'm laying down with her for her nap.
I love every minute but it kinda makes it hard to get anything done. 🙂 Hopefully we will get through this in the next few weeks and normal naps will resume.
In the meantime, I've got a great recipe for you from QuinoaFit. Enjoy!
Curried Sweet Potato Quinoa Patties with Spicy Yogurt Sauce
- 4 eggs beaten, or flax eggs
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal fine, non-GMO
- 2 tablespoons hot mango chutney
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups sweet potatoes grated
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- ½ cup green peas thawed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil more as needed
- Spray a pan with olive oil and heat to medium. Add onion and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 30 second more. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl.
- Combine eggs, cornmeal, hot mango chutney, curry powder, turmeric, cumin, sea salt and pepper in medium bowl. Whisk until well combined. Add to onion mixture and stir in sweet potatoes, quinoa and green peas. Form into 12 patties with your hands. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Heat coconut oil to medium high heat. Cover and cook fritters about 6 minutes per side, flipping once after a brown crust has formed.
Spicy Yogurt Sauce
- ½ cup plain Greek Yogurt or almond milk yogurt
- 1 tablespoon hot mango chutney
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together. Refrigerated until ready to serve.
I'll have to give these a try. The yogurt sauce sounds like a yummy addition!
We really enjoyed it.