This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Libby's for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.
These Pumpkin Quinoa Patties are a fun twist on your favorite quinoa patties. With pumpkin, goat cheese and garlic, this satisfying meal is prove that healthy and delicious go hand in hand.
I’m guessing some of you read the title of today’s recipe and assumed that the baby is teething again and I haven’t slept and therefore have forgotten that it is spring and not fall. I mean, pumpkin is only for fall, right?
Why is that? Don’t get me wrong, I love pumpkin in the fall just as much as everyone else, but I think its a superfood that can be eaten year around!
There are so many reasons to make pumpkin a regular part of your diet. It is an amazing source of Vitamin A and fiber. Did you know that you can also use it to reduce the fat and calories in your recipes, like I have with these pumpkin quinoa patties? I was able to reduce both the number of eggs used and the breadcrumbs in this recipe, simply by adding a cup of pumpkin.
You guys know that I’m not above being a “sneaky chef” with the boys. I’ve recently started stirring Libby’s Pumpkin puree into macaroni and cheese and no one has even noticed. If you use prepared sauces, stirring in pumpkin is a great way to reduce the sodium.
When I have leftover pumpkin I either freeze it to use later or save it for the next days breakfast. It is great stirred into cooked quinoa with a little cinnamon and a touch of maple syrup. Top it with walnuts and you’ve got a great breakfast in minutes!
If you love pumpkin as much as I do, head on over to the Pumpkin Can website and share your favorite #PumpkinCan fact via Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest for a chance to win weekly prizes. (You will be amazed at all the creative uses for pumpkin they have on the website!)
Pumpkin Quinoa Patties
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 3 large eggs beaten or 3 flax eggs (3 tablespoons ground flaxseeds + 6 tablespoons warm water)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup goat cheese crumbled; optional
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/4 cup carrot finely shredded
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup gluten free bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil for cooking – more as needed
- In a large bowl mix together quinoa, eggs, pumpkin and sea salt. Stir in goat cheese, parsley, onion, carrot, garlic, cayenne and bread crumbs. Allow to sit for a few minutes and then form into 20 small patties. (Patties may be made ahead of time and kept covered in the refrigerator.)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium low and cover. Cook for 7 to 9 minutes, until golden brown. Flip and cook for another 9 minutes.
Libby’s on Facebook
Libby’s on Twitter
Libby’s on Pinterest