This post was sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill. All opinions are my own.
I’ve always loved baking around the holidays.
Even as a small child, I can remember the excitement of baking with my Mom and Grandmother. Today, I share that same excitement with my children.
The boys love to get in the kitchen and bake with me.
Since I’m gluten-free (and the family isn’t), baking can be challenging at times.
If you’ve ever baked gluten-free, you know that most often this involves making a blend of four or more flours.
Like most years, this year I’m traveling for the holidays. We will be spending it at the beach. I don’t know about you, but when I’m traveling the idea of packing multiple flours is less than appealing.
Good thing I’ve got my Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 Baking Flour!
You guys have probably used Bob’s Red Mill for years. I regularly buy their quinoa, as well as all of their gluten free flours. When I’m baking for the kids, I often use their Organic Whole Wheat or While All-Purpose Flours because of the companies commitment to quality.
All of their products are top notch, so I was excited to try their 1-to-1 Baking Flour.
I have to tell you – this blend didn’t disappoint!
I love that the 1-to-1 Baking Flour doesn’t require you track down any specialty ingredients or custom recipes. It is the perfect formula for amazing taste and texture. It combines fine ground brown rice flour, sweet white rice flour, sorghum flour, potato starch, tapioca flour and a touch of xanthan gum. (Just enough to create springy muffins and chewy cookies.)
Sorghum Flour has always been a favorite of mine. The protein helps to give baked goods a wheat-like texture and aids in browning. The Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour is a great go-to blend for cookies, cakes, and brownies.
The blend is also amazing in today’s Pumpkin Walnut Muffins. They are just the kind of baked good that makes the holidays special around our house. I’ve topped it with a Cream Cheese Frosting and even made some of them extra fun for the kids. They are also good un-frosted.
I love how simple these are to come together!
Gluten Free Pumpkin Walnut Muffins with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 3/4 cup gluten free flour I used Bob's Red Mill 1-to-1 Baking Flour
- 3/4 cup sugar I used coconut palm
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup walnuts for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in walnuts.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, coconut oil, pumpkin puree and milk until well combined. Stir until well combined and then add to flour mixture. Stir well. Set aside for 15 minutes. Stir again and divide batter among muffin cups. Bake about 35 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire wrack.
- Make frosting by beating together cream cheese, butter, maple syrup and vanilla. When cupcakes are cooled, frost. Top with walnuts.
If You Like This Post You May Also Like: