Making grilled pizza at home is easy and fun with the Ninja Foodi Grill. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a delicious and authentic-tasting pizza that will rival anything you can get from your favorite pizzeria. Here is how to make the perfect Ninja Foodi Grill Pizza.
Do you love the taste of grilled pizza but don't enjoy the hassle of making it outdoors?
Have no fear; the Ninja Foodi Grill Pizza is here!
This fun, easy-to-use appliance takes all of the guesswork from grilling your perfect pie.
With just a few simple steps, you'll be enjoying a hot and delicious slice or two in no time! (You can also follow these steps to make a Ninja air fryer pizza using your air crisper basket.)
What are you waiting for? Fire up your indoor grill, and let’s get cooking!
Ingredients for Making Pizza in the Ninja Foodi Grill
- Pizza Dough: You can make your homemade pizza dough (use my bread machine pizza dough) or buy refrigerated or frozen dough. If you go with frozen dough to make this Ninja pizza recipe, make sure it is fully thawed.
- Oil: Use your favorite high heat oil. Olive oil is fine, but I don’t recommend extra-virgin.
- Pizza Sauce: I use my Crockpot marinara sauce to make pizza. Feeling a white pizza? My Garlic Parmesan Sauce is a must-try.
- Mozzarella: We love fresh mozzarella cheese, but you could also use shredded.
- Parmesan: Use freshly shredded Parmesan cheese or pre-shredded from the refrigerator section.
- Toppings: Picking the toppings is half the fun of making air fryer pizza. Since you are cooking one pizza at a time, everyone gets to have their pizza the way they like.
Fun Topping Suggestions
- Sliced roast chicken breast
- Buffalo Chicken
- Ham (Pineapples are a controversial topic but go well with ham.)
- Veggies - cooked spinach, grilled zucchini, sliced tomato
Tips & Tricks
- If you have the Ninja grill with a griddle that has a tilted front for the drain pan, I recommend cooking the crust on the griddle or air frying it in the fryer basket. Otherwise, the raw dough tends to shift forward. (This wasn’t the case on my older grill.)
- I will often para-cook the pizza crust early in the day and refrigerate it until dinner. That way, the family can top how they like at dinner time, speeding up the process. So much better than a frozen pizza!
- Cook times can vary according to models, so keep a close eye on your pizza the first time you try this.
- If you have trouble with sticking, spray the crust, not the oven.
Tools Needed to Make Ninja Foodi Pizza
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to four days. Reheat pizza in your Foodi Gril using the air fryer basket.
Instructions: How to Make Pizza in Your Ninja Foodi Grill
Start by preheating your Ninja Grill to Max. Set the timer to 5 minutes. (If you have the newest version, use the griddle plate.)
Proportion the pizza dough and roll out with a rolling pin. I made two pizzas with one pound of dough, but you may need to make more if you have an older model.
Pierce the dough with a fork.
Transfer the dough to the Foodi Grill using a pizza peel or the back of a cookie sheet.
Close the lid and cook for about 4 minutes.
Remove the crust from the grill and flip into a cutting board.
Repeat with the remaining crust.
Hit cancel and set it to air crisp at 450 degrees for 6 minutes.
Place the dough in the crisping basket. Add the tomato sauce and top with the desired toppings..
Place the basket in the grill and cook for another 5 to 7 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
More Ninja Food Grill Recipes to Try
- If you are tired of dry and bland turkey breast, don’t miss this Ninja Foodi Grill Turkey Breast.
- Crispy Brussels Sprouts are a fabulous side that goes with almost any protein!
- Grilled Filet Mignon is the ultimate fast food that never fails to impress.
- When you need an easy weeknight dinner, turn to these Ninja Foodi Grill Chicken Thighs.
30-Minute Ninja Foodi Grill Pizza
- 1 pound pizza dough purchased or my gluten-free pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- Other toppings as desired: pepperoni sausage, mushrooms, green pepper, onion, garlic, goat cheese, etc.
- Fresh basil parsley, crushed red pepper flakes, pizza seasoning for garnish
- With the grill grate in your Ninja Grill, select GRILL and set the temperature to MAX. Set the timer to 5 minutes.
- While the grill preheats, portion the pizza dough off into two or four portions and roll out with a rolling pin, adding additional flour if necessary. (The maximum size will depend on which Ninja Grill you have.)
- Pierce the dough with a fork.
- When the grill is preheated, transfer the dough to the grill grate. (For the newest grill with the griddle, place the air crisp basket on the grill grate, so the dough does not slide or use the griddle plate.)
- Close the lid and allow to cook for 4 minutes.
- When the time is up, remove the crust from the grill and flip onto a cutting board.
- Repeat with the remaining crust.
- Hit cancel and set it to air crisp at 450° F and the time to 6 minutes.
- Place the dough in the crisper basket.
- Top the pizza and return to the Foodi Grill and cook for another 5 to 7 minutes. Repeat with the remaining crust.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.