These Grilled Vegetable Quinoa Wraps make a great veggie packed lunch! Delicious and nutritious, this is one even the kids will love.
Quinoa Wraps are the Perfect Plant Based Lunch!
I don’t think that I could pinpoint when it was that I had my first wrap. I think I was probably in my early teens. Whenever it happened, it was love at first bite.
For years, I’ve sought out restaurants that served wraps, especially if they have sprouts in them. Because sprouts make all sandwiches better. (At least I think so!)
My ability to enjoy wraps at restaurants has come to a screeching halt since I have yet to run across one that offers a gluten free wrap. (If you know of anywhere I would love to hear about it so that I can check it out during our travels.)
Good thing wraps are easy to make at home when I need a fix. They are a great easy solution for dinner when the weather is nice, and all I want to do is get out of the kitchen and enjoy outdoors.
These Grilled Vegetable Quinoa Wraps are a nutritious veggie-packed sandwich that even the kids will love! Just leave off the spicy sauce if your little ones don’t like the heat! You can always substitute plain mayonnaise (preferably homemade) or Greek Yogurt.
Feel free to play around with these wraps and use whatever vegetables you happen to have on hand. Shredded carrots and cabbage would both be great additions to this wrap. (But I probably wouldn’t grill them. And then we wouldn’t have a Grilled Vegetable Quinoa Wrap…)
And if wraps aren’t your thing or you are limiting your carb intake, this recipe could easily become a bowl with a drizzle of the delicious spicy sauce on top!
Either way, this is one I hope you enjoy!
If You Like These Quinoa Wraps You May Also Like:
Grilled Vegetable Quinoa Wraps
- 4 whole wheat or gluten free wraps
- 1 red onion sliced thin
- 1 red pepper cut into ½ inch strips
- 1 small zucchini cut into 1 inch rounds
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts or sprout of choice
- 1 cup baby spinach
- ½ cup Plain Greek Yogurt or Tofu Mayo
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Heat an indoor grill to medium high heat. In a medium bowl toss red onion, red pepper and zucchini with olive oil. Grill for 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until tender and lightly browned.
- Heat tortillas in a dry skillet until they are pliable. Spread 1 tablespoon spicy mayonnaise on each tortilla. Top with spinach, sprouts, ¼ cup quinoa and ¼ of the vegetables. Fold the bottom 1/3 of the tortilla over the vegetables and roll up tightly. Cut in half on the diagonal and serve.
- Sauce: Combine ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Nutritional Information uses 100 calorie wrap