I know some people get sad when summer is over, but I’m always kind of excited. I’m ready for some relief from the crazy heat, especially since Skye’s favorite thing on the planet is being outside.
I also love football season.
My favorite part? Football Food!
I plan a different menu for every week, and always try to have some healthy food mixed in with a few more indulgent options.
Since my Florida Gators got rained out last week, I’m super excited for this weekend.
I’m so excited to have an amazing recipe for you today from, Amallia, at Desire to Eat.
This is the perfect dish for the start of football season, don’t you think?
Jalapeno Quinoa Bites
- 1/2 cup quinoa rinsed
- 1 cup water or broth
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 jalapeño peppers seeded, diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a medium pan, cook quinoa with water or broth for 15 minutes or according to package directions. Let cool.
- Preheat oven to 350° F/180°C.
- In a large bowl, combine cooled quinoa, chopped onion, diced jalapeño, minced garlic, beaten eggs, cream cheese, grated Cheddar cheese, salt and pepper.
- Put a heaping tablespoonful of quinoa mixture into mini-rectangular silicon cups / muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until edges turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes and then gently remove from pan to cool completely.