These quinoa sliders are veggie packed and the perfect kid-friendly quinoa recipe. They are great to pack for lunches and are good warm or cold.
You guys all know that I love veggie burgers and quinoa patties. Today I've got a great recipe for Quinoa Sliders brought to us by Tony from Simple Awesome Cooking. They are packed with vegetables AND kid friendly, which makes them a winner in my book! I love the flexibility of recipes like this one - you could very easily substitute any cooked vegetable that you have on hand.
For a vegan alternative, I'd recommend substituting 2 flax eggs for the eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax seeds + 6 tablespoons warm water) and using Daiya Shreds.
If You Like These Quinoa Sliders You May Also Like:
Veggie Quinoa Sliders
Loaded Veggie Quinoa Sliders
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 cup spinach broccoli and red pepper mixture
- 1 cup breadcrumbs regular or gluten free
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs basil, parsley or cilantro
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions. Let this cool before you work it into the rest of the dish.
- Cook the frozen spinach and broccoli according to package instructions. Then drain them and place them in a food processor with the garlic and red pepper and pulse until they are chopped thoroughly.
- In a large mixing bowl, lightly beat the two eggs. Add the vegetable mixture and breadcrumbs and mix together. Add quinoa, herbs and lightly season with salt and pepper. What you want is a sort of batter that you can press into patties that isn’t too wet and sticky, but also doesn’t fall apart. Add in more breadcrumbs as necessary to find this balance.
- When the burger mix is ready, take a handful and roll it into a round that’s a little larger than a golf ball but smaller than a racket ball. Place each onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and gently press into slider shape. Leave them thicker than you want the finished product to be as you’ll press them a bit more once they cook. Ideally you should refrigerate them for at least half an hour so they set nicely.
- Bring a large skillet up to medium high heat and add a small amount of olive oil. Place the sliders into the skillet and gently press them down. Cook for 4-5 minutes per side until browned and crispy. Remember that you’re using raw eggs, so they need to be cooked all the way through.