Baked potatoes are such an easy side, and it doesn’t get any better than this Ninja Foodi Grill Baked Potato. It is salty and crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. It is the perfect way to make potatoes without heating the oven.
Our whole family loves baked potatoes, but I am not the biggest fan of anything that requires me to heat the oven when it is so hot outside.
Thank goodness for my air fryer and Ninja grill!
This Ninja Foodi Grill Baked Potato is a deliciously easy side with almost no hands-on time.
Give it a try, and you may never make a potato any other way.
Ingredients for Making Baked Potato in the Ninja Foodi Grill
- Baking Potato: Look for medium-sized potatoes - I prefer russets. If yours are particularly large or small, adjust the cooking time.
- Oil: I used avocado oil, but any high-heat oil will work.
- Salt: You can use fine or coarse salt.
- Cheese: Cheddar is classic here, but whatever you like works!
- Sour Cream: I used full fat for the best flavor.
- Bacon: Beef, pork, or turkey bacon are all great here.
- Chives: If you don’t have fresh chives, dried will work too. Alternatively, you can use green onions.
Tips & Tricks
- For the fluffiest potatoes, cut an X on the top of the cooked potatoes. Squeeze with your fingers to allow the steam to escape.
- Store potatoes in a cool dark place away from onions.
Frequently Asked Questions
A baked potato is done when the internal temperature reaches 210° F. The flesh of the potato should be tender and fluffy.
You certainly could, but I do not recommend it. One of the best things about this Ninja Foodi baked potato is the contrast between the crispy skins and the fluffy interior.
The best type of potatoes for baking are those that contain a higher amount of starch - between 20 and 22% - because they are drier in texture. Common varieties include Russet, Idaho, and White Creamer.
Yes, you should poke your potatoes with a fork before cooking them in your indoor grill. This will help to prevent them from exploding.
The time to make an air fryer baked potato is the same as it is to cook it in your Ninja Foodi Grill on the Air Crisp function. It will take approximately 45 minutes to cook, but the cooking time will vary depending on the size of your potatoes.
Tools Needed to Make Baked Potato Ninja Foodi Grill
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualified sales.
Cooked potatoes may be stored in the refrigerator for up to four days.
How to Make Ninja Foodi Grill Baked Potato
First, start by setting your Ninja Grill to Air Crisp and 375 degrees. Set the timer to 45 minutes.
While the grill preheats, scrub the potatoes and prick them with a fork. Brush the outside of the skin with oil and sprinkle with salt.
Add the potatoes to the air crisper basket and close the lid. Cook for about 45 minutes - the actual time will vary depending on the size of the potatoes.
Fill with your desired fixings and enjoy!
More Ninja Foodi Grill Recipes:
- Looking for the ultimate chicken recipe? Don’t miss this Ninja Foodi Grill Chicken Breast.
- Ninja Foodi Grill Steak is easy to make and perfect for entertaining.
- Grilled Chipotle Chicken is easy to make and loaded with southwestern flavors.
- Looking for an easy side that always satisfies? This Ninja Foodi Grill Asparagus is so good.
Ninja Foodi Grill Baked Potato
- 4 baking potatoes
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- ½ cup shredded cheddar
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 4 strips cooked bacon crumbled
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped chives
- Set your grill to Air Crisp at 375° F and set the timer to 45 minutes.
- Scrub the potatoes and prick with a fork 3 or 4 times. Brush the outside of the skin with oil and sprinkle with salt.
- When the grill is preheated, add the potatoes to the air crisper basket. Close the lid and cook for 45 minutes.
- Open the lid and check the potatoes to make sure they are cooked through. (The total cooking time will depend on the size of the potatoes.) If they are not tender, continue cooking for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- When the potatoes are done bakings, slice them lengthwise, leaving the two halves connected.
- Use a fork to fluff the potatoes.
- Sprinkle with the cheese, and return to the grill to melt the cheese, about 2 minutes.
- Dollop with sour cream and sprinkle with bacon and chives.
- If you don’t have a Ninja Foodi Grill, you can bake the potatoes at 400° F for 1 hour, or until tender.