Make the perfect steak indoors with this Ninja Foodi Steak recipe. Follow our easy step-by-step guide to enjoy a restaurant-quality steak without leaving your kitchen. Using just six simple ingredients and your trusty Ninja Foodi, this steak has a beautifully seared crust and juicy interior that will have everyone asking for seconds.
Are you ready to impress your family with restaurant-quality steak tonight?
Stick around as I walk you through this simple yet exquisite Ninja Foodi Steak recipe.
Trust me, by the end of it, you'll serving up steaks that could give any steakhouse a run for its money. Let's get cooking!
This recipe is for steak in the Ninja Foodi using the air fryer function. If you are cooking steak in the Ninja Foodi Grill, make sure that you check out my Ninja Foodi Grill steak recipe.
- Steak: New York Strip is a premium cut of beef known for its tenderness and flavor. If you can't find it, Ribeye or Sirloin could also work well in this recipe.
- Brown Sugar: The brown sugar helps to create a beautiful caramelized crust on the steak. Feel free to omit if you prefer.
- Smoked Paprika: Smoked paprika adds a lovely depth of flavor and a hint of smokiness to the steak. Regular paprika can be used as a substitute, or for a spicier kick, try ¼ teaspoon of chipotle powder.
- Garlic Powder: Fresh minced garlic could be used as a substitute, but the powder distributes more evenly over the steak.
- Sea Salt: You could also use kosher salt or table salt.
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper: Pre-ground black pepper can be used in a pinch, but freshly ground offers the best flavor.
- Compound Butter, for serving (optional): A dollop of compound butter melting over your freshly cooked steak adds an extra layer of richness and flavor.
Step by Step
For the full recipe with measurements, see the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Pat the steaks dry with paper towels. This is an essential step to ensure a perfect sear on your steak.
- Now, let's make our steak seasoning! In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Rub the seasoning mixture all over the steaks. If you have time, let them sit at room temperature for an hour or refrigerate overnight for deeper flavor infusion. If not, no worries! You can proceed with the recipe immediately.
- Preheat your Ninja Foodi to 'Air Fryer' or ‘Air Crisp’ mode at 400° F. This trusty appliance is about to work its magic!
- Next, place the steaks in a single layer in your Ninja Foodi. Cook for 4 minutes, then flip and cook for 2 more minutes for a medium rare steak or 4 more minutes for medium.
- Once cooked to your liking, remove the steaks from the basket and let them rest for 5 minutes.
Tips and Tricks
- Room Temperature Rules: Try to let your steak reach room temperature before cooking. This helps it cook more evenly. Just remember food safety guidelines, and don't leave it out for too long before air frying.
- Patience is a Virtue: Once your steak is cooked, resist the temptation to dig in right away. Let it rest for a few minutes to allow the juices to redistribute. Trust me, it's worth the wait!
- Use an Instant Read Thermometer: Invest in a meat thermometer to make sure you get the perfect steak every time!
- Leftovers: Leftover steak is great for making steak sandwiches or for enjoying in a salad. Store it in the fridge in an airtight container for up to three days.
How do you cook a steak in an air fryer without it drying out?
- Make sure your air fryer is preheated before adding the steaks.
- Do not overcrowd the air fryer basket - this can prevent proper circulation and result in uneven cooking.
- Flip the steaks halfway through cooking to ensure even searing and prevent drying.
- Allow the steaks to rest before slicing - this allows the juices to redistribute and results in a juicier steak.
Can I use other cuts of beef for this recipe?
While New York Strip is a great cut for this recipe, you can also use other cuts of steak like a ribeye steak, sirloin steak, or even filet mignon.
Just make sure to adjust cooking times accordingly based on the thickness of the steak.
Can I use a different type of seasoning for the steak?
Definitely! This Ninja Foodi air fryer steak calls for a simple but flavorful seasoning blend, but feel free to get creative and use your favorite seasonings or marinades.
Just be mindful of any liquid ingredients that could cause excess smoke in your Foodi. Make sure you dab off any excess marinade before cooking.
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
More Ninja Foodi Recipes
- For a family dinner that'll have everyone asking for seconds, try making a juicy and flavorful Ninja Foodi Whole Chicken with crispy skin that's simply irresistible!
- On chilly nights, nothing warms the soul quite like a bowl of our comforting Ninja Foodi Potato Soup, rich and creamy with just the right amount of chunky goodness.
- Looking for a dish that's both decadent and easy to prepare? Our Ninja Foodi Chicken Alfredo might just be your new favorite, combining tender chicken, al dente pasta, and a creamy sauce that's to die for.
- And who said veggies have to be boring? With our Ninja Foodi Brussels Sprouts recipe, you'll get crispy, caramelized sprouts that even the pickiest eaters will love.
15-Minute Ninja Foodi Steak
- Ninja Foodi
- Pat the steaks dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Rub the seasoning mixture on the outside of the steaks. Allow to sit at room temperature for an hour, or refrigerate overnight. Alternatively, you can proceed with the recipe immediately.
- Preheat your Ninja Foodi to air fryer at 400° F.
- Add the steaks in a single layer. Cook for 4 minutes. Flip and cook for 2 more minutes for medium rare or 4 more minutes for medium.
- Remove the steaks from the basket and let rest for 5 minutes.