Looking for a meal that is easy to make and never fails to satisfy? These Ninja Foodi Grill Chicken Wings check off all the boxes. It doesn't get any better than perfectly grilled chicken wings In a punchy caramelized sauce. Try this once, and you will be hooked!
I have never met a chicken wings recipe I didn't like, but these Ninja Foodi Grill Wings stand out.
They are perfectly crispy on the outside while staying juicy on the inside. That is wing perfection in my book!
This recipe makes a great appetizer or meal and is perfect for your game day celebration.
Ingredients for Making Chicken Wings in the Ninja Foodi Grill
- Chicken Wings: I use chicken wings that were cut. If you use whole wings, make sure use cut the wings at each joint to create three sections.
- Seasonings: I love a simple blend of smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. If you don't have smoked paprika, you can omit it or use sweet paprika.
- Butter: I recommend using unsalted butter so that you can better control salt levels.
- Hot Sauce: My go-to for this recipe is Frank's Buffalo Sauce. The heat is tame enough to keep the dish kid-friendly. (Though if you have children who don't care for any heat, you can not toss theirs with the sauce.)
- Garlic: If you don't have fresh garlic, add ½ teaspoon of garlic powder.
Tips & Tricks
- If you have time, try seasoning the wings at least an hour before you plan to cook them. This allows the salt to penetrate the fibers of the meat and will allow for juicier wings.
- While the baking powder is optional, I recommend using it for the most crispy wings.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. To make air fryer chicken wings, select the AIR CRISP function, and set the temperature to 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
When the Foodi Grill is preheated, add the seasoned wings to the air crisp basket.
Cook for about 20 minutes, tossing halfway through.
Follow the rest of the recipe as directed.
(Or you can check out these air fryer chicken wings.)
Technically you can, but I don't recommend it because we are going for crispy chicken wings. When they are too close together, they can steam rather than grill.
If you want to stack your wings, I recommend using a pressure cooker or instant pot.
Tools Needed to Make Chicken Wings Ninja Foodi Grill
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualified sales.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to four days.
How to Make Ninja Foodi Grill Chicken Wings
First, start by preheating your grill.
Season your wings, and arrange them in a single layer on the grill, being careful not to overcrowd.
While the wings cook, mix the remaining ingredients in a small saucepan and simmer for about 5 minutes.
When the wings are done, use tongs to transfer them to a bowl. Toss with the sauce.
Set the Ninja Grill to Medium, and cook the wings for 5 more minutes.
Cooking Frozen Chicken Wings in the Ninja Foodi Grill
Don't you hate it when you get so busy that you forget to plan dinner, and the whole family is asking how long until you eat? With the Foodi Grill as your partner, you can say goodbye to dinnertime stress.
Just pull out some chicken wings from the freezer, and you can go from frozen to char-grilled in about 25 to 30 minutes - no need to wait for them to thaw. Just rinse them to help the seasonings stay on and go!
I recommend using an instant read thermometer to make sure the wings are done!
More Ninja Foodi Grill Recipes to Try
- You will love the zippy marinade in this Grilled Chipotle Chicken. With limited hands-on time, you have a delicious meal that is packed with flavor.
- Ninja Foodi Grill Asparagus is one of the easiest sides I know!
- Once you cook Bacon in the Ninja Foodi Grill you may never make it any other way.
- If you like baked potatoes that are crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, don't miss this Ninja Foodi Grill Baked Potato.
Looking for air fryer recipes? Check out my collection here.
Ninja Foodi Grill Chicken Wings
- Preheat your Ninja Foodi Grill to Grill High. Set the time to 16 minutes.
- Combine the baking powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Season the wings and place in a single layer on the grill.
- Cook for 15 to 18 minutes.
- While the wings cook, melt the butter in a small saucepan and add Frank's hot sauce and minced garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- When the cooking time for the wings is done transfer the wings to a large bowl.
- Preheat your Ninja Foodi Grill to Grill Medium.
- Toss the wings with the sauce and cook, turning once, for about 5 minutes, until the wings are browned and the sauce starts to caramelize.