Festive gatherings always have one common staple - appetizers! This corn dip with cream cheese recipe is perfect for any party. It's easy to make and sure to be a hit with all of your friends and family. Plus, it only takes a few minutes to put together so you can focus on enjoying your party.
When it comes to party appetizers, there are a few classics that always seem to be popular.
One of those crowd-pleasers is creamy corn dip.
This recipe is easy to make and can be tailored to your own liking. If you're looking for an appetizer that will have your guests coming back for more, look no further than this recipe for corn dip.!
- Corn: Use frozen corn kernels that have been thawed and rinsed. If you happen to have fresh corn, make sure to blanch it first. Drained canned corn could also be used.
- Cream Cheese: You will want to use full-fat cream cheese for the best flavor. Make sure you bring it to room temperature before making this recipe.
- Shredded Cheese: I like to use a mix of cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese. However, you can use any shredded cheese that you like.
- Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce: These can be found in the Hispanic section of most grocery stores. I recommend freezing leftovers in a single layer in a zip-top bag.
- Green Chilis: These can also be found in the ethnic section of most grocery stores. I recommend using mild diced green chilis that come in a can and do not drain them.
- Garlic: I like fresh garlic in this recipe, but you could use ½ teaspoon garlic powder if you prefer.
- Salt and Pepper: Adjust the amount to your personal taste.
Tips & Tricks
- If you want a little bit of heat in your corn dip, I recommend adding an additional diced chipotle pepper. If you want it to be really spicy, add in the seeds as well.
- If you want a creamier dip, add in an additional 8 ounces of cream cheese, sour cream or mayonnaise. For a thinner dip, add in an additional 4 ounces of green chilis.
This easy corn dip recipe with cream cheese is perfect for serving with tortilla chips or toasted baguette slices.
Top the dip with diced jalapenos, chopped bacon, diced tomato, cilantro, or green onions.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long can corn and cream cheese dip sit out?
You should only leave corn dip out for an hour or two. After that, the cream cheese will start to spoil and it will become unsafe to eat.
How do you store leftovers?
Leftover corn cheese dip can be stored in the fridge for up to a week. I recommend storing it in an airtight container to keep it fresh.
Can corn dip be frozen?
Yes, you can freeze corn dip! I recommend freezing it in individual servings so that you can thaw and enjoy it later. Because it has a cheese base, you should expect a slight texture change after freezing.
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
- 8 x 8 casserole dish
- Mixing bowl
How to Make Hot Corn Dip with Cream Cheese
To make this corn cheese dip, start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
Then, spray an 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray.
Next, combine the corn, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, green chilis, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
Stir well to combine.
Then, transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and top with the remaining cheese.
Bake for 25 minutes, until bubbly and golden brown. Serve immediately with tortilla chips or toasted baguette slices. Enjoy!
More Appetizer Recipes to Try
- Simple elegance doesn't get any better than this Baked Brie with Jam. It is so simple to make and perfect for entertaining.
- When you need an easy appetizer that will please a crowd, Stuffed Mini Peppers are sure to please.
- For a game-day appetizer that will leave you feeling great, this Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip will be a hit.
- Air Fryer Pecans are quick to make and even quicker to disappear! Give them a try, and they will become a staple in your party-prep repertoire.
Corn Dip with Cream Cheese
- 16 ounces frozen corn thawed and rinsed
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese 2 cups, divided
- 4 ounces shredded Monterey jack cheese 1 cup
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon adobo sauce from the can of chipotle peppers
- 4 ounces diced green chilis undrained
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- For serving: diced tomato cilantro, green onions, chips, baguette
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray an 8 x 8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine the corn, cream cheese, 1 cup of the cheddar, Monterey jack, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, green chilis, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Transfer to the prepared baking dish and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until bubbly and golden brown.