I have a soft spot for pasta, and it doesn't get much better than this Spicy Noodle Bowl. It is an easy weeknight meal that you will crave again and again. Crisp-tender veggies and juicy chicken are topped in a spicy Sriracha peanut sauce to create a flavor-packed dish that comes together in just 20 minutes.
Mix Up Your Pasta Game with this Spicy Noodle Bowl!
For someone for whom food is the central focus of their life, I've been pretty sheltered.
While I grew up on a diet of delicious Southern food, it wasn't until my mid-20's that I had Chinese and Thai food for the first time.
Like many of you, I was in my 30's before I had quinoa.
And Brussel sprouts, asparagus, lentils and kale didn’t enter my diet until my 40’s.
There are still many things I’ve never cooked with, and this is something I’ve been trying to correct. I saw this recipe on Facebook and realized that I’ve never tried celeriac (or celery root). Jackfruit is still a mystery to me. I’ve never had rutabaga. All things I need to try.
Perhaps the area of the grocery store where I feel the most lost is the Asian section. All those sauces and pastes! Even the simple things are a mystery to me. I love pasta, but I’ve never once considered buying Brown Rice Pad Thai Noodles.
I supposed it is because I consider pasta to be such a treat, and was afraid I’d be disappointed.
So, when challenged to cook with something I had never tried before as part of this month’s Recipe Redux, I decided it was time to make an Asian Noodle Bowl.
Truthfully, I can’t believe I was scared.
Guys, it's just pasta. And who doesn't enjoy a good bowl of noodles?
This Spicy Noodle Bowl is SO good! (And easy to make - just 20 minutes!) I woke up this morning thinking about it, wishing that we still had leftovers. Sadly, we had it for lunch and dinner yesterday, and there were no leftovers to be found.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can this recipe be made ahead of time?
Yes! This recipe is perfect for meal prep. It will keep for about three days in the refrigerator. If you wish to store it longer, I recommend leaving it untossed and storing the cooked noodles in water in the refrigerator.
Are rice noodles gluten free?
Yes! Rice noodles are a gluten free pasta. (But always check the labels - especially if you have celiac.)
How to Make a Chicken Noodle Bowl Recipe
- Combine coconut aminos, lime just, rice vinegar, peanut butter, sesame oil, garlic, and Sriracha in a blender. Process until smooth.
- Cook rice noodles according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- While the noodles are cooking, heat the sesame oil in a large skillet to medium heat. Add broccoli and cook for two minutes. Add carrots, red pepper, and shredded chicken. Cook for 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat, and add the vegetables to the bowl with the noodles.
- Top with dressing and garnish with cilantro, sesame seeds, and crushed red pepper flakes.
Variations for This Recipe
- Fresh minced ginger would be lovely in the sauce and would give this recipe an extra spicy kick.
- Gluten free soba noodles would also work.
- Top with Thai Basil and peanuts.
- Use shrimp in place of chicken.
If You Like this Noodle Bowl Recipe, You May Also Like:
- Gyro Quinoa Bowl
- Shaved Zucchini Salad
- Mediterranean Bowl
- Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- Baked Spaghetti with Ricotta
Spicy Noodle Bowl
This Spicy Noodle Bowl is a quick and easy dish that is an excellent vehicle for showcasing the best produce of the season. Feel free to substitute whatever vegetables look best. I often drizzle this with an extra dose of Sriracha!
Spicy Chicken & Veggie Noodle Bowl
- ¼ cup coconut aminos or gluten free tamari
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1-2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 8 oz Pad Thai Rice Noodles
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 carrots peeled and shredded
- 1 red pepper seeded and cut into strips
- ¾ pound shredded cooked chicken breast or tempeh
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds toasted
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a blender combine coconut aminos, lime juice, rice vinegar, peanut butter, sesame oil, garlic and Sriracha. Process until combined.
- Cook rice noodles according to package directions. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add broccoli and cook for two minutes. Add carrots, red pepper and shredded chicken and cook 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat and add to bowl with noodles. Toss with dressing and garnish with cilantro, sesame seeds and crushed red pepper flakes.