This Spicy Noodle Bowl with Chicken and Veggies is an easy weeknight meal that you will crave again and again. This noodle bowl recipe has vegetables, chicken, and noodles in a spicy Sriracha peanut sauce. Who says a bowl of noodles is boring?
For someone for whom food is the central focus of their life, I’ve been pretty sheltered.
While I grew up on a diet of delicious Southern food, it wasn’t until my mid-20’s that I had Chinese and Thai food for the first time.
Like many of you, I was in my 30’s before I had quinoa.
And Brussel sprouts, asparagus, lentils and kale didn’t enter my diet until my 40’s.
There are still many things I’ve never cooked with, and this is something I’ve been trying to correct. I saw this recipe on Facebook and realized that I’ve never tried celeriac (or celery root). Jackfruit is still a mystery to me. I’ve never had rutabaga. All things I need to try.
Perhaps the area of the grocery store where I feel the most lost is the Asian section. All those sauces and pastes! Even the simple things are a mystery to me. I love pasta, but I’ve never once considered buying Brown Rice Pad Thai Noodles.
I supposed it is because I consider pasta to be such a treat, and was afraid I’d be disappointed.
So, when challenged to cook with something I had never tried before as part of this month’s Recipe Redux, I decided it was time to make an Asian Noodle Bowl.
Truthfully, I can’t believe I was scared.
Guys, it’s just pasta. And who doesn’t enjoy a good bowl of noodles?
I adored today’s Spicy Chicken & Veggie Noodle Bowl! I woke up this morning thinking about it, wishing that we still had leftovers. Sadly, we had it for lunch and dinner yesterday, and there were no leftovers to be found.
What food have you never tried?
If You Like this Noodle Bowl Recipe, You May Also Like:
- Gyro Quinoa Bowl
- Shaved Zucchini Salad
- Mediterranean Bowl
- Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- Baked Spaghetti with Ricotta
If you try this Asian Noodle Bowl, let me know what you think!
Spicy Chicken & Veggie Noodle Bowl
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos or gluten free tamari
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1-2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 8 oz Pad Thai Rice Noodles
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 carrots peeled and shredded
- 1 red pepper seeded and cut into strips
- 3/4 pound shredded cooked chicken breast or tempeh
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds toasted
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a blender combine coconut aminos, lime juice, rice vinegar, peanut butter, sesame oil, garlic and Sriracha. Process until combined.
- Cook rice noodles according to package directions. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add broccoli and cook for two minutes. Add carrots, red pepper and shredded chicken and cook 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat and add to bowl with noodles. Toss with dressing and garnish with cilantro, sesame seeds and crushed red pepper flakes.