This robust Gyro Quinoa Bowl is a satisfying meal that is a perfect way to mix up your weeknight meal plan. With warm lamb, salty feta and a deliciously creamy Tzatziki Sauce, this is a healthy quinoa bowl that your family will ask for time and again.
There are few things that I love more than a gyro.
On more than one occasion, I've been seduced off the gluten free bandwagon by a gyro.
I know, I know. It is a terrible thing to do to myself. More often than not, I pay for it for days.
This dish was a huge hit at our house. In fact, I've already got it on the menu for next week. Who knew?
If You Like This Gyro Quinoa Bowl You May Also Like:
- Veggie Quinoa Bowl
- Maple Dijon Quinoa Bowl
- Butternut Squash Quinoa Casserole
- Black Bean Quinoa Burger
Gyro Quinoa Bowl
Gyro Quinoa Bowl
- 16 ounces ground lamb
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 4 ounces feta crumbled
- ¼ cup parsley chopped
- ¾ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cucumber seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill chopped
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat. Spray well with cooking spray and add ground lamb, cumin, oregano, red pepper flakes and rosemary.
- Crumble and cook until brown, stirring often. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Meanwhile, make tzatziki sauce by combining yogurt, cucumber, lemon juice, dill, garlic, vinegar and salt.
- Divide quinoa between bowls. Top with lamb, red onion, tomato, cucumber and feta. Drizzle with tzatziki sauce and garnish with parsley.