Thank you to Leaner Creamer for Sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own.
There are some things I will never give up.
Coffee is one of them.
While I adore my coffee, I’m not a big fan of the calories that traditional creamer adds.
I’m also not a fan of black coffee.
I savor my coffee time because it is often the only alone time I have all day. I typically get up around 5 am and am lucky to get 15 minutes alone before Skye is up.
So coffee that doesn’t make my heart sing just isn’t an option.
You can imagine my excitement when I first learned about Leaner Creamer.
Leaner Creamer is low in calories, tastes great and is infused with supplements that help to support weight loss. It is non-dairy (but not dairy free for those with true allergies), gluten-free and sugar-free.
A coffee creamer that can support you in your weight loss goals?! It sounds too good to be true, doesn’t it?
Here are the key ingredients:
You know I am such a HUGE fan of coconut oil. There is so much to love about it. Studies show that the fatty acids found in coconut oil are helpful in weight reduction. It is also believed to remove stress on the pancreas and in doing so help to increase your metabolism. I love that coconut oil supports both the thyroid and endocrine system.
Citrus Aurantium Extract
Derived from the green fruits of the Seville orange, this extract is commonly known as bitter orange extract. It is believed to work to increase the basal metabolic rate and lipolysis and also help to suppress the appetite.
Green Tea is a well-known antioxidant that is also rich in magnesium, EGCg, chlorophyll, vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and more!
In addition to being great in your morning coffee, Leaner Creamer also is a great addition to recipes – from breakfast to baked goods! I’ve used it in today’s Leaner Chocolate Quinoa Breakfast Bowl. I think you’ll agree that it is a breakfast that will leave the whole family smiling.
Learn more about Leaner Creamer here!
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1¼ cups water
- 2 tablespoons Leaner Creamer
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened Cocoa powder
- 1-2 tablespoons honey or sweetener of choice (to taste)
- For Garnish:
- Strawberries or Bananas
- Almonds or Walnuts
- Flax or Chia Seeds
- Optional: Drizzle of melted chocolate
- In a small saucepan bring quinoa, water, Leaner Creamer and Cocoa powder to a simmer. Reduce heat to low. Stir in honey and cover. Cook for 25 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to sit covered for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Transfer to two serving bowls and garnish with strawberries, almonds, and flax seeds. If desired, drizzle each bowl with a teaspoon of melted chocolate.