When you are craving a juicy steakhouse burger, let your air fryer do the work! This Air Fryer Burger is the perfect easy weeknight meal for busy families and is guaranteed to give smiles all around!
Grilled Burgers are fun, but sometimes you want to get dinner on the table without having to heat the grill and head outdoors.
The easiest solution? Turn to your air fryer!
This Air Fryer Burger is ridiculously easy to make and packs all of the flavors that a grilled burger does.
Once you try it, you will be hooked!
Ingredients for Making This Air Fryer Burger
- Ground Beef: You can use any ground beef you like. Just be aware that the more fat content, the more the burgers will shrink up. I typically use 90/10 when making an air fryer burger, but 80/20 works as well.
- Worcestershire Sauce: If you are gluten-free like I am, make sure that you read the label - some brands can contain gluten.
- Garlic Powder: I like the convenience of garlic powder here, but feel free to use fresh minced garlic if you prefer.
- Salt and Pepper: Adjust the amounts to your liking.
- Cayenne Pepper: This adds a subtle kick, but if you don’t like heat feel free to omit it. Crushed red pepper flakes may be substituted if you like.
- Cheese: I used cheddar for classic flavors, but feel free to play with this and use your favorite cheese. Keep an eye on the time when you melt the cheese - too long, and it can slide right off the burger.
Tips & Tricks
- Be careful not to overwork your meat, and if you are using a burger press, do not press too firmly. This can cause the proteins to bind together, making the burgers dense.
- For the very best burger, butter and toast your bun.
- Unless you are grinding your meat, it is recommended that you cook the beef to medium-well
- If you prefer thicker burgers, you will want to adjust the cooking time and use a meat thermometer to determine doneness. Additionally, for flat finished burgers, make an indentation in the center to compensate for bulging.
- The burger patties should be just slightly larger than your buns since the meat will shrink as it cooks.
Frequently Asked Questions
As opposed to pan-searing, hamburgers can be considered healthier in the air fryer. This is because when you pan sear a burger, it is being cooked in its own fat.
You can! Since most frozen burgers are thinner than what we are making here, you will only need to cook them for about 10 to 12 minutes before adding the cheese. Make sure you flip them halfway through.
If your frozen burgers happen to be thicker than normal, adjust the cooking time accordingly.
They will take about 9 minutes to cook before adding cheese and cooking for another minute. Of course, this can vary based on your air fryer model and the thickness of the burgers.
I always recommend using an instant-read thermometer to ensure that the burgers are cooked through.
No, I don’t recommend adding oil to the air fryer when cooking burgers. They contain enough fat that they will not stick, and you should not have a problem flipping.
Tools Needed to Make Cheeseburger in the Air Fryer
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualified sales.
The burger patties can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two days.
Cooked hamburger patties may be kept in the refrigerator for up to four days.
To freeze uncooked burgers, ensure that you are using meat that has not previously been frozen. Store the patties with parchment paper between them for up to three months.
Cooked burgers may be frozen for up to three months.
How to Make Air Fryer Cheeseburger
First, start by making the meat mixture.
To do this, combine the ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic powder, black pepper, and cayenne in a bowl. Be careful not to overwork the meat.
Divide the mixture into six bowls and form into patties. (A burger press makes this easy but is not necessary.)
Preheat your air fryer and then arrange the burgers in a single layer in the air fryer basket..
Cook for 5 minutes. Flip and cook for another 3-5 minutes; add a slice of cheese to each burger, then cook until the cheese melts.
Use an instant-read thermometer to make sure that the internal temperature is at least 150° F.
Allow to rest for 5 minutes, and then fix your burger and enjoy!
More Air Fryer Recipes to Try
- When you need a family-friendly meal that is fast and easy, these Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets are perfect!
- Once you make chicken legs in your air fryer, you may never make them any other way. These Air Fryer Chicken Legs are just that good!
- Watching your carbs? Give Keto Air Fryer Chicken Breast a try. (They are so delicious that even those not on a low carb diet love them.)
- Air Fried Asparagus is the ultimate easy side!
- When you want to elevate your protein, these Air Fryer Mushrooms are the perfect way to do it.
Air Fryer Burger
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Form into six patties.
- Preheat your air fryer to 375° F.
- Place the burgers in the air fryer. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Flip and cook an additional 4 minutes.
- Add the cheese and cook for 1 more minute until the cheese melts and the internal temperature is 150° F.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.