When the craving for a succulent, steakhouse-style burger hits, let your trusty air fryer come to the rescue! This Air Fryer Burger recipe delivers not just mouthwatering juiciness but also that irresistible, slightly charred taste we all love in a good burger. It's the perfect solution for those hectic weeknights when you're juggling a thousand things but still want to serve up a meal that'll have the whole family grinning from ear to ear.
Grilled Burgers are fun, but sometimes you want to get dinner on the table without having to heat the grill and head outdoors.
The easiest solution? Turn to your air fryer!
Air Fryer Burgers are ridiculously easy to make and pack all of the flavors that a grilled burger does.
- Ground Beef: You can use any type of ground beef you like. Just be aware that the more fat content the more the burgers will shrink up, so size your burger patties accordingly.
- Worcestershire Sauce: If you are gluten-free, make sure that you read the label - some brands can contain gluten.
- Garlic Powder: I like the convenience of garlic powder here, but feel free to use fresh minced garlic if you prefer.
- Salt and Pepper: Adjust the amounts to your liking. The general rule of thumb is one teaspoon of salt per pound of meat.
- Cayenne Pepper: This adds a very subtle kick, but if you don’t like heat feel free to omit it. Crushed red pepper flakes may be substituted.
- Cheese: I used cheddar for classic flavors, but feel free to play with this and use your favorite cheese. Keep an eye on the time when you melt the cheese - too long, and it can slide right off the burger.
Tips & Tricks
- Be careful not to overwork your meat. This can cause the proteins to bind together making the burgers dense. If you are using a burger press, do not press too firmly.
- For the very best burger, butter and toast your bun.
- Unless you are grinding your own meat, it is recommended that you cook the meat to medium-well for food safety.
- If you prefer thicker burgers, you will want to adjust the cooking time and use a meat thermometer to determine doneness. Additionally, for flat-finished burgers, make an indentation in the center to compensate for bulging.
- The burger patties should be just slightly larger than your buns since the meat will shrink as it cooks.
A burger isn’t complete without the toppings! Serve with traditional toppings like ketchup, mayo, mustard, tomatoes, and lettuce. You can also mix things up with bbq sauce, pickles, and bacon.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Cook a Frozen Burger in an Air Fryer?
Yes, you certainly can cook a frozen burger in an air fryer!
Just place the frozen patties in the air fryer basket and set the temperature to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook them for 10-15 minutes or until they're cooked to your desired doneness. Remember to flip your air fryer frozen burger halfway through cooking to ensure they cook evenly.
How Long Do You Cook Air Fryer Burgers?
They will take about 9 minutes to cook before adding cheese and cooking for another minute. Of course, the air fryer burger time can vary based on your air fryer model and the thickness of the burgers.
I alway recommend using an instant-read thermometer when cooking burgers in an air fryer to ensure they are cooked all the way through.
Do I Need To Add Oil To The Air Fryer?
No, I don’t recommend adding oil to the air fryer when cooking burgers. The air fryer burger patty contains enough fat that they will not stick, and you should not have a problem flipping.
As an amazon associate I earn from qualified sales.
Prepped raw burger patties can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two days.
Cooked hamburger patties may be kept in the refrigerator for up to four days.
To freeze uncooked burgers, ensure that you are using meat that has not previously been frozen. Store the patties in a freezer safe container with parchment paper between them for up to three months.
A cooked air fryer burger patty may be frozen for up to three months. You can reheat your burger in the air fryer or microwave.
Step by Step
More Air Fryer Recipes to Try
- When you need a family-friendly meal that is fast and easy, these Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets are perfect!
- Once you make chicken legs in your air fryer, you may never make them any other way. These Air Fryer Chicken Legs are just that good!
- Watching your carbs? Give Keto Air Fryer Chicken Breast a try. (They are so delicious that even those not on a low-carb diet love them.)
- Air Fried Asparagus is the ultimate easy side!
- When you want to elevate your protein, these Air Fryer Mushrooms are the perfect way to do it.
15-Minute Air Fryer Burger
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Form into six patties.
- Preheat your air fryer to 375° F.
- Place the burgers in the air fryer. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Flip and cook an additional 4 minutes.
- Add the cheese and cook for 1 more minute until the cheese melts and the internal temperature is 150° F.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.