Looking for a delicious and easy-to-make dish? Look no further than this Blackstone stir fry recipe! In only 25 minutes, you can create a mouthwatering meal that will be sure to impress. Enjoy the combination of vegetables and protein cooked to perfection on your flat-top griddle.
Stir fry on the Blackstone is my go-to meal when I need an easy dinner that tastes amazing.
Not only does it have minimal prep time, but the whole meal cooks in less than 15 minutes.
This meal will be sure to have even the pickiest eater begging for seconds! So don't wait - gather your ingredients, fire up your griddle, and get ready for an unparalleled culinary experience that's sure to put a smile on everyone's face!
Stir Fry Sauce
- Broth: Use homemade or store-bought chicken broth in this Blackstone griddle stir fry recipe..
- Soy Sauce: You can use gluten-free tamari or coconut aminos if you prefer to avoid gluten or soy. Low sodium soy sauce is a good option.
- Chili Sauce: Use your favorite chili sauce. I like to use an Asian-inspired sweet chili sauce.
- Sugar: White sugar is traditional, but you can use coconut sugar or even honey
- Cornstarch: This helps to thicken the sauce and keep it from separating.
- Black Pepper: Freshly ground is best.
- Chicken: I used chicken thighs, but chicken breast would work if you prefer.
- Salt: Sea salt or Himalayan pink salt are my personal preference; use your favorite salt.
- Onion: Either white or yellow onion work well here.
- Red Bell Pepper: The red adds a nice color and sweetness to the stir fry. You could also use a yellow pepper.
- Zucchini: You can also add other vegetables such as mushrooms, broccoli, or even snow peas.
- Carrots: Grate them or chop them small to make sure that they cook through all the way.
Step by Step
For the full recipe with measurements, see the recipe card at the end of the post.
- The heat on your flat top griddle can vary in different spots; I recommend stirring your chicken and vegetables well to ensure that everything is evenly cooked.
- Adjust the heat as needed; if things seem to be cooking too quickly, turn down the heat a bit.
- Make sure you have all of your ingredients chopped and prepped before you start cooking. Stir fry cooks at a fast pace!
- Feel free to adjust the stir fry sauce to your liking. Sesame oil, fresh ginger and minced garlic are great options. You can also make this recipe with teriyaki sauce.
- Feel free to change up the protein - beef and shrimp are great options.
Can you do stir fry on a Blackstone Griddle?
Yes, stir fry can easily be made on a flat top griddle. Make sure that your flat top is preheated to medium-high heat and liberally coat with oil. Then follow the steps in the recipe card below!
What vegetables are good for stir fry?
Any veggies that you enjoy can be used in stir fry.
Some to consider are: Onions, carrots, bell peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, cabbage, celery, asparagus, spinach, snow peas, kale and collard greens, eggplant and zucchini.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in a skillet or a flat top griddle over medium heat until warmed through.
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
More Blackstone Griddle Recipes to Try
- Once you try this Blackstone Chicken Fried Rice, you will wonder why you ever made fried rice any other way.
- When you need a meal that is sure to impress, this Hanger Steak Recipe is perfect!
- Blackstone Philly Cheesesteak is packed with flavor and always a winner at dinnertime.
- If you love teriyaki chicken, don't miss this Blackstone Teriyaki Chicken. It is super-simple and surprisingly delicious.
- Burgers are alway a hit and it doesn’t get any better than these Blackstone Smash Burgers.
Blackstone Stir Fry
- Blackstone Griddle
Stir Fry Sauce
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 white or yellow onion halved and sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 zucchini cut in half and then into long strips
- 2 carrots shredded
- For serving: cooked rice or brown rice noodles, green onions, cilantro, sesame seeds, crushed red pepper flakes
- Combine the broth, soy sauce, chili sauce, sugar, cornstarch, and pepper in a bowl and whisk until the sugar dissolves. Set aside
- Season the chicken with salt.
- Heat your Blackstone to medium high heat. Liberally coat with oil. (About 3 tablespoons.)
- Add the chicken thighs and onion, and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the pepper, zucchini, and carrots; stir-fry for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Pour the stir fry sauce on top of the chicken and vegetables and cook for another 30 seconds to 1 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Garnish with sesame seeds, cilantro, or green onion and serve with rice or noodles.