This Cheesy Mexican Steak Salad with Chipotle Lime Dressing is so easy to make and packed with flavor. The perfect Mexican Salad for a Spring or Summer dinner.
When I was in college, we would go to this Mexican restaurant where I would almost always order a salad.
Since I love all kinds of Mexican food, sticking with the same dish was unusual for me.
I fell in love with the way they tossed the salad, added steak or chicken to the top and then added another sprinkling of a blend of cheeses. The cheese would always melt ever so slightly and create the most creamy salad that always seemed so decadent.
I haven’t been to that restaurant in more than 20 years, but I’ve never forgotten the salad.
Today, I’m bringing you a riff on the salad I loved so long ago, made with Sargento® Fine Cut Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican Blend. I love the off-the-block freshness of the cheese blend, which works just as well on a salad or melted into your quesadillas. Freshness makes such a difference in your final dish!
I have combined the cheesy goodness with seasoned grilled steak, black beans, corn, tomatoes, red onion and avocado and topped it off with a spicy-sweet Chipotle Lime dressing.
I think you will love this Cheesy Mexican Steak Salad with Chipotle Lime Dressing as much as I do. It is a meal that is perfect for easy entertaining or your next grill out!
Cheesy Mexican Steak Salad
- 8 ounces skirt steak or cut of choice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 ounces romaine lettuce chopped
- 8 ounces Sargento® Fine Cut Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican
- 1 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 red onion sliced thin
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1 avocado diced
- Mix garlic powder, chili powder and sea salt in a small bowl. Sprinkle over steak and allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan to medium high heat.
- Meanwhile, make dressing by combining lime juice, olive oil, chipotle chile, garlic, cilantro, honey, cumin and sea salt in a blender. Process until smooth.
- In a large bowl combine romaine, all but 1/4 cup of the Sargento® Fine Cut Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican, black beans, onion, corn and tomatoes.
- Grill steak to desired doneness. Remove from heat and allow to sit for 15 minutes. Slice.
- Toss salad with desired amount of dressing. Top with steak, avocado and remaining Sargento® Fine Cut Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican.
Look for Specially Marked Packages of Sargento® Shredded Cheese for $1 Savings at your local Kroger.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento®. The opinions and texts are all mine.