Looking for a delicious breakfast that is easy to make ahead? This Spinach Artichoke Fritatta works just as well for the weekday as it does for a holiday morning. It is the perfect way to fuel your day without a lot of fuss.
It always amazes me that it doesn't matter where I am or how warm it is, I always crave comfort food this time of year. Today, I've got an amazing Cheesy Spinach Artichoke Fritatta that is perfect for your holiday brunch.
To me, dishes like this are comfort food at its best. Packed with veggies and cheesy goodness, it is also great for a quick dinner amidst the holiday craziness.
Let's keep it between us how easy this one is to make. (My family always thinks I've made something special when I whip up a frittata.)
To make this Frittata, chop your onion and heat your butter in a large ovenproof skillet. Cook it for 8 minutes over medium heat. While your onion is cooking, drain your spinach and squeeze out any excess liquid. Drain your artichokes and chop them. Mince your garlic.
When the onion has cooked for 8 minutes, add your spinach, artichokes and garlic to the pan. Cook for 5 more minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk together your eggs, dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Pour the mixture over the vegetables. Redistribute the vegetables so they are even. Allow to cook for about three minutes, and then lift the edges to allow the uncooked portions to flow underneath. Top with the cheese. Place in a preheated broiler and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the eggs are set.
To serve, you want to run a spatula or a knife around the edge. Use a spatula to lift underneath. Cut into slices and serve warm.
So there you have it - a cheesy comfort food meal you will feel good about serving!
Spinach Artichoke Fritatta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion chopped fine
- 10 oz chopped frozen spinach thawed and drained
- 8 ½ oz canned artichokes drained and chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 12 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 oz Cheddar Cheese shredded
- Position rack about 8 inches from broiler and heat broiler on high.
- Heat butter in a large ovenproof skillet. Add onion and cook for 8 minutes. Add spinach, artichokes, garlic and cook for 5 more minutes, until heated through.
- Meanwhile, whisk together eggs, dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Pour mixture over the vegetables and cook for 3 minutes. Lift the edges and allow uncooked portions to flow underneath. Top with cheese and place under the broiler until the cheese is melted and the eggs are browned, about 3 minutes.
- To serve, run a spatula around the edge and then underneath. Cut into slices and serve.
- Slow Cooker Option:
- To cook in the slow cooker, cooke a 1 ½-quart casserole dish with cooking spray and add cooked vegetables. Top with egg mixture and cheese. Place in the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker and cooking on high for 1 ½ to 2 hours.