This Cucumber Apple Smoothie is the perfect way to start your day! With just a handful of ingredients, it is packed with nutrients and so refreshing. The combination of crisp cucumber and sweet apple creates a light and satisfying drink that's perfect for a hot summer day. Give it a try and feel refreshed and energized all day long!
I love starting my day with a light and refreshing smoothie that leaves me feeling great. This cucumber apple smoothie is the perfect example.
The natural sweetness of apples pairs beautifully with the subtle crunch and tang of cucumber. Chopped up and blended together, they create a smooth and creamy smoothie with a crisp, fresh flavor.
Adding a little water helps the blender do its job and thins out the smoothie to the desired consistency, but you could just as easily add milk to make this smoothie heartier.
For an extra layer of flavor, fresh mint leaves are added to the mixture. Mint adds a subtle herbal note that complements the cucumber, but you could easily skip it if you don't have it on hand.
Ingredients for Making Apple and Cucumber Smoothie
- Apple: You can use any type of apple for this recipe. Granny smith apple is perfect for making a green apple cucumber smoothie, adding a delicious tartness. Or you can opt for something sweeter, like red delicious.
- Cucumber: I like an english cucumber when I can find it, but you can use whatever type of cucumber you have on hand.
- Spinach: Use as much or as little spinach as you like to give your green smoothie a healthy boost. Sub out the spinach for kale for a kale cucumber apple smoothie.
- Water: Adding water to the smoothie helps create a smooth texture and makes it easier to blend. You could also use your favorite milk - I like almond milk with vanilla in this.
- Greek Yogurt: Greek yogurt adds both flavor and creaminess, as well as important probiotics for gut health.
- Lemon Juice: The tartness of lemon juice adds an extra burst of flavor that complements the other ingredients nicely.
- Fresh Mint Leaves: Chopped fresh mint leaves add a refreshing flavor to the smoothie.
- Honey or Maple Syrup: Depending on your taste preferences, you can use either honey or maple syrup to sweeten the smoothie. Both are great options for adding a touch of natural sweetness.
Feel free to get creative and add your own twist on this smoothie.
Protein powder, chia seeds, hemp seeds, and avocado are all great options.
How to Make a Cucumber Apple Smoothie
Start by gathering all the ingredients you will need to make your smoothie. You will need apples, cucumbers, spinach, plain yogurt, lemon juice, mint leaves, and a sweetener of your choice (optional).
Frequently Asked Questions
What does cucumber do in a smoothie?
Cucumber adds a subtle flavor and texture to the smoothie, as well as important vitamins and minerals. It is hydrating and helps keep the smoothie light and refreshing.
Is apple and cucumber good combination?
Yes! Apples and cucumbers are a classic combination that works really well in smoothies. The sweetness of apples is nicely balanced by the refreshing flavor of cucumbers.
Tools Needed to Make
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
Smoothies are always best served right away, but you can store them in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. To store, pour the smoothie into an airtight container and keep it refrigerated until ready to serve.
You can also freeze leftovers if you like. I like to freeze leftover smoothies in an ice cube tray, and then transfer to a freezer-safe bag.
To serve, place your favorite milk in a blender and add the smoothie ice cubes. Blend until combined, and voila', you have a delicious cold smoothie!
More Smoothie Recipes to Try
- Start your day right with this delicious, whole foods quinoa smoothie.
- If you love cherries, why not give this cherry smoothie with lime a try?
- For a protein-packed smoothie that will leave your taste buds doing a happy dance, don't miss this blueberry banana smoothie.
- This raspberry blueberry smoothie delivers a flavor thrill that will have you coming back for more.
5-Minute Cucumber Apple Smoothie
- 1 apple seeded and chopped
- 1 cucumber peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup spinach more or less as desired
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- Place the apple, cucumber, and spinach in a colander and rinse well. Core and dice the apple. Peel seed, and chop the cucumber.
- Pour the water in your blender and add the yogurt and lemon juice. Add the apple, cucumber, spinach, mint, and sweetener.
- Process until smooth. Taste, and add more sweetener if desired. Add more water or ice to achieve the desired texture.