I received a Lagostina Round Grill Pan in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own.
These Grilled Eggplant Bites are a delicious healthy gluten free appetizer that is so easy to make. With eggplant, fresh mozzarella cheese, ricotta, basil and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar, you've got a flavor-packed dish that won't wreck your diet!
I've talked before about how much I adore kitchenware. From blenders to pans, I get more than a little excited when I head to Williams-Sonoma.
Recently, I had the chance to add a Lagostina Round Grill Pan ($149.95 from Williams-Sonoma) to my collection.
Every girl needs a great grill pan, don't you think? Because grilling shouldn't be limited to when it is nice outside.
Plus…isn’t it beautiful? Don't you just want to set it on your stove or hang it above your island?
Apparently, Italians know how to make pans look sexy.
From a practical standpoint, there is a lot to love too!
I’ve had grill pans before but love the way that this one heats evenly and retains heat flawlessly, thanks to the Tri-ply construction. It has an ergonomic cast stainless steel handle and inclined edges to make it easy to pour off drippings. I love that it can be used on any cooktop, including my induction. (Not all pans work on it.)
Inspired by this gorgeous pan, I decided to do a little indoor grilling this weekend. At 110 degrees, I just couldn’t get motivated to go outside. I suppose I could have just set the food outside and let Mother Nature do her work, but indoor grilling seemed like the more logical solution.
I pulled out some eggplant from my produce drawer, and quickly put together these simple Grilled Eggplant Bites. They were so easy to make, but I couldn't get enough of them. They work great as an appetizer or paired with a salad for a light summer meal.
Other Eggplant Recipes to Try:
Grilled Eggplant Bites
- 1 eggplant sliced
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 ounce fresh mozzarella torn
- 2 plum tomatoes seeded and diced
- 2 teaspoons balsamic reduction
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- Lay eggplant in a single layer on paper towels. Sprinkle well with salt. Allow to sit for 30 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan to medium-high heat. Rinse eggplant and pat try. Brush eggplant with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 4 minutes per side, until tender.
- Carefully spread with ricotta and top with mozzarella. Allow to cook for a few minutes longer, until cheese melts.
- Drizzle with balsamic reduction and top with tomatoes and fresh basil. Serve warm.