For an easy prep side dish that you will turn to again and again, look no further than these Honey Sriracha Brussels Sprouts! With a perfect balance of sweet and spicy, these crispy sprouts will have your taste buds dancing. The recipe couldn't be simpler - just toss them in a mouthwatering honey sriracha sauce, then roast them to golden perfection. With just minutes of prep time, you'll have a vibrant and irresistible dish that will elevate any meal.
If you're a fan of bold flavors and crave a little kick in your dishes, then this honey sriracha brussel sprouts recipe is right up your alley. These crispy Brussels sprouts are coated in a mouthwatering blend of honey and sriracha, creating a tantalizing combination of sweet and spicy that will have your taste buds begging for more.
Whether it's a weeknight dinner or a festive gathering, these Honey Sriracha Brussels Sprouts will impress your family and friends.
Trust me, once you try these Honey Sriracha Brussels Sprouts, they'll become a regular addition to your dining table. Let's get cooking!
Looking for more Brussels Sprout inspiration? Don't miss my Caramelized Brussels Sprouts, Roasted Shaved Brussels Sprouts, Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts, and Ninja Foodi Brussels Sprouts.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Honey: This natural sweetener adds a touch of sweetness to balance out the heat of the sriracha. You can substitute maple syrup or agave nectar if you want to make this vegan.
- Avocado oil: Known for its mild flavor and high smoke point, avocado oil is perfect for roasting Brussels sprouts. If you don't have avocado oil on hand, you can use olive oil or any neutral oil.
- Sriracha: The star of the show, sriracha, brings the spicy kick to these Brussels sprouts. If you're not a fan of heat, you can reduce the amount of sriracha or substitute it with your favorite hot sauce.
- Dijon mustard: If you don't have Dijon mustard, you can use spicy brown mustard as a substitute.
- Lemon (juice and zest): The fresh lemon juice and zest add a bright and citrusy element to the Brussels sprouts. If you don't have a lemon on hand, you can substitute it with lime juice and zest for a slightly different flavor profile.
- Salt and Pepper: Adjust the amount to your liking. Garlic powder and crushed red chili peppers could also be added to your honey sriracha roasted Brussels sprouts.
- Brussels sprouts: The star ingredient! Look for fresh Brussels sprouts that are firm and vibrant green in color. Trim them and cut them in half lengthwise for optimal cooking.
Step by Step Instructions
For the full recipe with measurements, see the recipe card at the end of the post.
Honey Sriracha Brussels Sprouts in the Air Fryer
Want to make this recipe in your air fryer? Simply toss the trimmed Brussels sprouts in the honey sriracha sauce and cook in a single layer in your air fryer at 350° F for 20 minutes.
Tips and Tricks
- Preheat the oven: Before you start prepping your Brussels sprouts, make sure to preheat your oven to the right temperature. This will ensure even cooking and help achieve that irresistible caramelization.
- Trim and halve evenly: To ensure uniform cooking, trim the ends of the Brussels sprouts and cut them in half lengthwise. This will help them cook evenly and allow for maximum flavor absorption.
- Use parchment paper or foil: Line your baking sheet with parchment paper or foil for easy cleanup and to prevent sticking.
- Arrange in a single layer: Give your Brussels sprouts some space! Arrange them in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Customize the spice level: Adjust the amount of sriracha to suit your taste preferences. If you love spicy food, go ahead and add an extra kick. If you prefer milder flavors, tone down the heat by reducing the sriracha.
- Air Fryer Chicken Fried Steak: The crispy and flavorful coating of air fryer chicken fried steak perfectly complements the spicy-sweet Brussels sprouts.
- Tri Tip: Slice up some juicy and tender tri-tip steak and serve it alongside the Brussels sprouts.
- Garlic Salmon: For a lighter option, serve the Honey Sriracha Brussels Sprouts alongside some succulent garlic salmon.
- Ninja Foodi Chicken Thighs: Whip up some finger-licking Ninja Foodi chicken thighs and serve them on a plate with a generous helping of these addictive Brussels sprouts. The juicy and flavorful chicken thighs provide a protein-packed accompaniment to the vibrant sprouts.
Honey Sriracha Brussels Sprouts
- Air Fryer
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the honey, avocado oil, sriracha, mustard, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, and pepper.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and toss to combine.
- Spread the Brussels sprouts on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- Cook for 30 minutes, until the sprouts are fork tender and the leaves are just beginning to brown.