Tired of the same old burger? Elevate your burger night with these Italian Burgers! This fun variation of a classic burger is sure to be a hit at your next grill out.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento®. The opinions and text are all mine.
My boys and I agree on little when it comes to food, but one thing that we all love is burgers.
Our summer wouldn't be complete without burger night. It is equally fun for me to invite a few friends over to grill out as it is to have a low-key evening with just the family. No matter what the situation, burger night is always one of my favorite days of the week.
It is casual, easy to do all the prep-work ahead, and most of all, everyone is happy.
Since we eat burgers on a regular basis in the summer, now and then I get the urge to mix things up.
These Italian Burgers are just the way to do it!
Now I know what you are thinking. Burger night is supposed to be easy, so why add in extra work?
But I promise, these are so simple to make, and the flavor makes spending an extra few minutes worth it. (My Dad, a lifelong burger fan, declared these the best burgers ever.)
Plus, much of the great taste here comes from the cheese. Because a burger just isn't right without cheese. Good thing elevating our burgers just got easier thanks to Sargento® Blends™ Sliced Cheese.
Sargento Blends 5 Cheese Italian Slices and Sargento Blends 4 Cheese Southwest Slices just hit the shelves at Publix, and you are going to want to check them out. I picked them up at Publix, along with the other ingredients for these Italian Burgers.
Sargento Blends Sliced Cheese co mbines your favorite cheese varieties in one all-natural slice.
Sargento Blends 5 Cheese Italian Slices blend the creaminess of Mozzarella with Romano, Parmesan, Fontina, and Asiago cheeses. This excellent flavor combination is perfect for these Italian Burgers.
I also love Sargento Blends 4 Cheese Southwest Slices, which blends the creaminess of Monterey Jack with Chipotle Cheddar (yum!), Colby and Pepper Jack cheeses. I think next week we will do Southwestern Burgers.
From July 1, 2018, thru July 15, 2018 shoppers can use a digital coupon for $0.75 off one Sargento Blends Sliced Cheese and can get the same deal in-store on the shelf from July 16, 2018 thru July 29, 2018 at Publix. Get the coupon here.
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup pesto
- 4 hamburger buns gluten-free if necessary
- For Serving: arugula tomato, red onion
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise and pesto. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix meat with pesto, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper.
- Divide meat into 4 patties, about an inch thick.
- Grill burgers, flipping them once to the desired doneness. (About 6 to 8 minutes for medium-rare.)
- Melt 2 slices of cheese on each burger.
- Toast buns if desired. Spread pesto mayonnaise on the buns.
- Divide the patties among the bun bottoms. Top with arugula, tomato, red onion and bun tops.
Variations for Italian Burgers:
- In place of the pesto in the burger mixture, use marinara.
- If you have a little extra time, caramelized onions are great on these Italian Burgers.
- For an extra kick, add a tablespoon of minced garlic to the meat mixture. (Sadly, my kids won't go for this one.)