This Kale Waldorf Salad is a healthy vegan salad recipe that the whole family will love. It is a fun twist on a classic, with candied walnuts and a lightened up dressing that will become a favorite. Once you make this Kale Waldorf Salad recipe, you may never go back to making traditional Waldorf Salad
I don’t know about you, but after so much heavy food during the holidays, I am so ready to get my veg back on. I’m committed to eating salad for at least one meal a day this month, and today I’ve got a fun Kale Waldorf Salad that you are going to love.
Now, I know – this isn’t your traditional Waldorf Salad.
There is no creamy dressing, and we all know that Waldorf Salad doesn’t typically include kale.
Don’t let that stop you from trying this Kale Waldorf Salad Recipe! Packed with nutrition, this delicious salad features a delicious lime vinaigrette with a kick of ginger and sesame oil.
I’ve gone heavy on the greens here, because…January.
Feel free to reduce the amount if you aren’t feeling it. Also, if bitter greens aren’t your thing, romaine and/or spinach would sub in nicely for the endive and radicchio.
If You Like this Kale Waldorf Salad, You May Also Like:
- Asian Quinoa Salad
- Pomegranate Quinoa Salad with Candied Almonds
- Fried Goat Cheese Salad with Grapes & Walnuts
- Citrus Quinoa Salad
- Grilled Chicken Halloumi Salad
Recommended Tools to Make this Kale Waldorf Salad Recipe
Kale Waldorf Salad
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 2 tablespoons coconut nectar or maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons Swerve or sweetener of choice
- 2 heads kale chopped fine
- 2 heads endive chopped
- 1 head radicchio. chopped
- 1 apple cored and diced
- 1 cup seedless red grapes sliced in half
- 3 stalks celery sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- Place a skillet over medium high heat. Add walnuts, coconut nectar and sea salt. Cook, stirring constantly for about four minutes. Remove walnuts from pan and all to cool on parchment paper.
- Combine lime juice, rice wine vinegar, ginger, garlic, extra virgin olive oil, dark sesame oil and Swerve in a blender. Process until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine kale, endive, radicchio, apple, grapes, celery and tomatoes. Toss with dressing and serve.