This Healthy & Easy Lemon Chicken Stir Fry with Cauliflower Rice is a fabulous low-carb dinner that the whole family will love.
As I sit down to write this, Skye has suddenly decided that it was time to make "music" with the triangle set hubby bought her.
Why is it that every time noisy toys come into the house, they find their way to my office?
Although I suppose there is a tiny bit complaining going on on my part, in truth, it makes me super grateful that I have the kind of job where I can be near her all day. (Even when she is on the verge of contributing to noise pollution.)
You know what else I'm feeling especially grateful for?
All the time we have been spending outdoors this summer.
The weather has been near perfect and thanks to my bug balm we've been able to enjoy outside until late in the evening.
We've had lots of deck time, sipping wine and watching the birds, bunnies, and chipmunks.
Fun times playing ball in the front yard.
And some pretty spectacular sunsets.
I will be the first to admit that all of this time outside hasn't had me in the most focused recipe creation mode.
I did make this Lemon Chicken Stir Fry with Cauliflower Rice last week. It is a simple recipe that is easy to prep ahead if you like.
I've always been a fan of doing all the chopping and measuring early in the day so that I don't miss out on evening family fun.
Not only is this Lemon Chicken Stir Fry super simple to put together, but is is also healthy and delicious. My only disappointment with is is that we were completely out of hot sauce and I desperately wanted a dash of Sriracha for the top.
If you give this Easy Healthy Chicken Stir Fry a try let me know. And let me know what you've been up to this summer.
If You Like This Lemon Chicken Stir Fry with Cauliflower Rice You May Also Like These Recipes:
- Spanish Beef & Cauliflower Rice Bowls
- Spanish Cauliflower Rice
- Sweet Potato Rice Pilaf
- Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower with Smokey Blue Cheese Sauce
Healthy & Easy Lemon Chicken Stir Fry with Cauliflower Rice
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos or gluten free tamari
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 head of cauliflower pulsed in a food processor until it resembles rice
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth preferably bone broth
- To Serve
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 scallions chopped
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet medium heat.
- Add onion and cook for 6 minutes. Add garlic and cook for one more minute.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and add chicken. Cook for about 7 to 10 minutes or until browned, stirring often.
- Add coconut aminos, rice wine vinegar and sesame oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl. Tent with foil.
- Reduce heat to medium. Heat sesame oil and add cauliflower to the pan. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the broth to the pan and cover. Cook for 8 minutes, until softened.
- Stir lemon zest and lemon juice into the chicken mixture. Place cauliflower rice in serving bowls, top with chicken and scallions and serve.