Looking for an easy holiday main course perfect for a small group? You will love this Ninja Foodi Grill Turkey Breast. With just a handful of ingredients and minimal hands-on time, you have a boneless turkey breast that is crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside.
I am all about saving my oven for holiday sides, which means I use my Instant Pot, Air Fryer, and Ninja Foodi Grill as much as I can for the main course.
This boneless Ninja Foodi Grill Turkey Breast is super-easy to make and always a hit at my house. (If you are looking for bone-in turkey breast, check out this Air Fryer Turkey Breast.)
The Ninja Foodi Does all the hard work, leaving me free to work on other things! Leftovers, if you have any, are great in casseroles and sandwiches.
Ingredients for Making Ninja Foodi Grill Turkey Breast
Seasonings: I use a blend of salt, garlic powder, black pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes to “dry brine” the turkey overnight. Don’t skimp on the salt here! Salting overnight helps the turkey breast stay moist.
Turkey: I used a boneless turkey breast that was about 2 ½ pounds. If you use larger or smaller, you will need to adjust the cooking time. Be conscious of the size and shape you are buying to ensure that the meat fits into your Foodi Grill.
Butter: I recommend using unsalted butter to better control the salt levels. I don’t recommend using olive oil because of the high heat. If you would like to use oil instead of butter, I recommend using avocado oil.
Tips & Tricks
- Make sure your turkey breast is fully thawed before cooking. I recommend taking it out of the freezer two days before serving.
- Season the turkey at least one day in advance. This is called dry brining, and it will amaze you at how well it improves the flavor and texture of the turkey.
Side Dishes to Serve with Turkey
- Ninja Foodi Grill Brussels Sprouts are a delicious and easy side that works throughout the year.
- Gluten-Free Cream of Mushroom Soup is a great start or side with any meal.
- Slow-Cooker Collard Greens are so full of flavor! This is one I can never get enough of.
- Caramelized Onion Risotto is comfort food perfection!
Finish the meal off with Pumpkin Chia Pudding, and everyone will be happy!
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have hearty appetites - and aren't going especially heavy on the side, you should plan on about ½ pound of meat per person.
I find that this leaves more than enough for leftovers, as most women will not eat that much meat.
Turkey should be stored on the fridge's bottom shelf, ideally on a rimmed cookie sheet to prevent any raw juices from dripping on the produce drawers above.
Kept it in its Cryovac package until you are ready to season it.
After it is out of its package, it should be cooked within two days.
Tools Needed to Make Ninja Foodi Turkey Breast
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
- Ninja Foodi Grill
- Rimmed Baking Sheet
- Small Bowls
- Instant Read Thermometer
You can store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to three days. They are great for making turkey sandwiches!
You can also freeze the cooked meat for up to three months.
How to Make Turkey Breast in the Ninja Foodi Grill
The first step to make Ninja Foodi Grill Boneless Turkey Breast is to combine the seasonings in a small bowl.
Place the turkey breast on a rimmed baking sheet and rub the mixture all over. You want to season the turkey breast before cooking - at least one hour, but ideally let it sit in the fridge for 24 hours.
Before cooking, let the turkey come to room temperature.
Rub the turkey with half of the butter.
Heat the Foodi Grill to High, and set the timer for 30 minutes. (This is the max.)
When the grill is preheated, add the turkey.
When the time is up, carefully remove the turkey. When it is cool enough to handle, rub with the remaining butter.
Return the turkey to the grill and cook for an additional 15 to 20 minutes until the internal temperature is 160° F.
Allow to rest for at least 30 minutes before serving.
More Ninja Foodi Grill Recipes
- Ninja Foodi Grill Brussels Sprouts make a deliciously easy side. Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, this is one I can't get enough of.
- Grilled Filet is a luxurious main course that is super-easy to make and feels like such a treat.
- When you are looking for an easy weeknight meal, Ninja Foodi Grill Chicken Thighs are perfect!
- For comforting sides, it doesn't get any better than these Ninja Foodi Grill Potatoes.
Turkey Breast in the Ninja Foodi Grill
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 ½ pounds boneless turkey breast thawed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter softened (divided)
- Combine the salt, garlic powder, black pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes in a small bowl.
- Place the turkey breast on a rimmed baking sheet and rub the seasoning mixture all over.
- If possible, refrigerate overnight. Allow the turkey to sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Rub the turkey breast with half of the butter.
- Set your Ninja Grill to GRILL HIGH. Set the timer for 30 minutes.
- When the grill is preheated, add the turkey and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove the turkey from the grill when the time is up and rub with the remaining butter.
- Reduce the heat to medium, and set the timer for 20 minutes.
- Return the turkey to the grill and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until an instant read thermometer registers 160° F.
- Allow to rest for 30 minutes prior to slicing.