For a healthy side, the whole family is sure to love, these Ninja Foodi Grill Brussels Sprouts are always a crowd-pleaser! The crispy sprouts combined with savory bacon crumbles and a squeeze of lemon make this dish oh-so-satisfying.
Best of all, you only need a few basic ingredients and less than 15 minutes to bring it all together! (who couldn’t use a few more easy veggie sides in their life, right?) Once you try a bite of crunchy-on-the-outside, tender-on-the-inside Ninja Foodi Brussels Sprouts, you’ll want to make this recipe a regular in your rotation.
Finding good veggie recipes the whole family will eat is always a challenge. I’ve learned that you can’t have anything too soggy or bitter. Oh, and that bacon always helps.
These Crispy Ninja foodi Grill Brussels Sprouts are topped with crumbled bacon and a squeeze of lemon for a healthy side everyone will love!
This recipe is much faster than roasting the sprouts on a sheet pan in the oven, and you still get that perfect texture that makes these little cabbages so good.
Brussels sprouts and bacon have a legendary affinity for one another. They’re like the new peanut butter and jelly or mashed potatoes and gravy. And when combining them is this easy and delicious, it just doesn’t get much better than that.
For a visual walk through of the recipe, check out my Ninja Foodi Grill Brussels Sprouts Web Story.
Ingredients for Making Brussels Sprouts in the Ninja Foodi Grill
- Brussels sprouts - You want about 2½ pounds, trimmed
- Oil - I use avocado oil because of the high smoke point. I do not recommend using extra virgin olive oil here.
- Bacon - Cook ahead of time, then crumble. (Check out this post on how to make Ninja Foodi Grill Bacon.)
- Lemon - A fresh squeeze right before serving really brightens the flavor.
- Seasoning - Fresh minced thyme, salt, and pepper are all you need.
Tips & Tricks
- To pick the best Brussels sprouts, look for bulbs with small, tight heads about 1½ inches in diameter max. They should be bright green with no black or yellowing.
- Wait to wash your sprouts until right before you plan to use them.
- Store uncooked Brussels sprouts in a vented container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- You can make this melt-in-your-mouth Filet Mignon in the Ninja Foodi Grill, then whip up the Brussels sprouts while the meat rests!
- Enjoy a double dose of veggies with delicious, nutritious, and kid-friendly Broccoli Quinoa Casserole.
- For a healthier alternative to fried chicken, Air Fryer Chicken Legs are a tasty meal everyone will love.
- Looking for more inspiration? Check out all my Ninja Foodi Recipes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, yes, and yes! In fact, these little sprouts belong to a family of cruciferous vegetables that contain cancer-reducing sulfur compounds. How cool is that?
That’s also why you never want to overcook your Brussels sprouts, or you’ll start to notice that not-so-pleasant sulfuric smell. Quick-cooking methods like making Brussels Sprouts in the Ninja Foodi Grill are your best bet to keep them from breaking down too much.
Aside from the sulfur compounds, this vegetable is also high in iron, potassium, and folate. What a powerhouse ingredient!
Yes! The air fryer recipe will take slightly longer, but fried Brussels sprouts are absolutely divine.
On your Ninja Foodi Grill, select air crisp, set the temperature to 390°F, close the crisping lid, then cook for 20 minutes.
You’ll have air fried deliciousness in no time.
Tools Needed to Make Brussels Sprouts Ninja Foodi Grill
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
- Ninja Foodi Grill
- Medium bowl
- Serving platter
I rarely have leftovers when I make this Crispy Brussel Sprouts Recipe. However, if you do find yourself with some extra, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about three days.
How to Make Ninja Foodi Grill Brussels Sprouts
Heat the grill to MAX and set the timer for 12 minutes.
In a medium bowl, mix together the oil, thyme, salt, and pepper. Add the Brussels sprouts and toss until well-coated.
Arrange in a single layer on the grill and cook, stirring when they’re halfway through the cooking time, until the Brussels sprouts are tender.
Transfer to a serving platter, add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, top with the bacon, and serve.
You May Also Like
- These Healthy Zucchini Chips use naturally gluten-free breading and are baked to crunchy perfection.
- Crisp-tender Air Fried Asparagus has a kick of garlic and is topped off with lemon juice, lemon zest, and creamy goat cheese for a recipe you’ll turn to again and again.
- For a side dish that can rise to any occasion, try Green Beans with Bacon with a delicious garlic tahini sauce!
- Enjoy Garlic Roasted Broccoli for an easy side dish that’s great when you’re short on time.
20-Minute Crispy Ninja Foodi Grill Brussels Sprouts
- 2 ½ pounds Brussels sprouts trimmed
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon juices
- 6 strips bacon cooked according to this recipe and crumbled
- Heat the grill to MAX and set the timer for 12 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the Brussels sprouts, oil, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange in a single layer on the grill and cook, stirring halfway through the cooking time, until the Brussels sprouts are tender.
- Transfer to a serving platter, and finish with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- Top with the bacon, and serve.