Craving cheesy comfort food without a lot of fuss? You are going to love this easy-to-make Ninja Foodi Mac and Cheese. In less than 10-minutes of hands-on time, you have creamy mac and cheese that the whole family is going to ask for again and again.
It’s no secret that I love kitchen gadgets and appliances, and my latest obsession is my Ninja Foodi.
My Ninja Foodi Grill has long been a favorite tool in my kitchen, so I’m not surprised that my Ninja Foodi is also becoming a favorite.
With its air fryer and pressure cooker functions, this little powerhouse can do it all!
And one of its best features?
It makes incredible mac and cheese!
If you're looking for an easy weeknight meal that will wow your family and friends, look no further than this recipe for Ninja Foodi mac and cheese.
You won't believe how creamy and delicious it is!
I think once you make mac and cheese in the ninja foodi, you will be as hooked ask I am!
Give it a try, and let me know what you think!
- Water: I use water to cook the pasta, but you could use broth if you prefer.
- Pasta: Elbow noodles are a classing when making homemade mac and cheese, but you could sub your favorite short pasta. Keep in mind that different types of pasta can take different cooking times.
- Butter: You can use salted or unsalted butter, just make sure you take the type of butter used into account when adding additional salt. (I used salted.)
- Salt: I use sea salt, but any kind will work.
- Milk: You could also use half and half or heavy cream in this recipe, if you prefer. If you're looking for a lower-fat version, feel free to swap the whole milk for skim or 2% milk.
- Shredded Cheese: I used sharp cheddar cheese, but you could also use a blend of shredded mozzarella, American, and cheddar. My kids love when I use ½ deli-style American and half cheddar because it makes this ninja foodi macaroni and cheese extra-creamy.
- Dried mustard: For an extra hint of flavor! If you don't have dried mustard on hand or don't want to buy some just for this recipe, you can sub with a little dijon mustard.
- Garlic powder: This is one of my secret ingredients in mac and cheese! It gives the dish an extra depth of flavor. If you don't have any on hand, feel free to leave it out or sub with freshly grated garlic. Onion powder would also be good.
- Fresh ground black pepper: Feel free to omit or sub with white pepper if you prefer.
Tips & Tricks
- Feel free to add breadcrumbs on top of this ninja foodi baked mac and cheese. I recommend tossing them with a little melted butter and then adding them in the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- The quality of the cheese you use will have a big impact on the final flavor. Use the best quality you can and adjust depending on who you are serving. Kids will love adding American cheese, while adults would enjoy smooked gouda or gruyere.
- Bacon is a great addition to mac and cheese. You can cook it in your Ninja Foodi using the air crisp function just before you begin the remainder of the recipe.
Serve this Ninja Foodi macaroni and cheese with your favorite protein. Some great options are Ninja Foodi Grill Meatloaf, Ninja Foodi Turkey Breast, Oven Roasted Tri Tip, or Picanha Roast (a family favorite).
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Best Cheeses for Mac and Cheese?
There is no definitive answer to this question, as different types of cheese can work depending on your personal preferences.
Some good options include sharp cheddar cheese (my personal favorite!), mozzarella, American, gouda, and parmesan. Cheese blends yield a more complex flavor.
Experiment with different cheeses to find the one that is perfect for you and make this ninja foodi mac n cheese your own.!
How do you Keep Mac and Cheese Moist?
There are a few different approaches you can take to keep your mac and cheese moist.
One simple way is to add additional milk or cream to the recipe. This helps prevent the pasta from drying out while it cooks, resulting in a rich and creamy texture.
This recipe already has a creamy base, so I recommend giving it a try as-is and making adjustments as needed.
How Do You Reheat Mac and Cheese without Drying it Out?
There are a few different tricks you can try to keep mac and cheese from drying out while reheating it.
One option is to add a little milk to the reheated mac and cheese, which helps keep it from drying out.
If you're looking for an extra rich and creamy texture, try adding a splash of butter or even sour cream to your reheated mac and cheese. This can help bring back some of the flavor that has been lost.
No matter which method you choose, ensure that you reheat the mac and cheese slowly and carefully, taking care not to overcook it. This will help prevent it from drying out as much.
Tools Needed to Make
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
Leftover mac and cheese can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for several days.
To reheat, simply heat it in the microwave or on the stovetop until it is warmed through.
You may wish to add a splash of milk or butter to help keep it moist.
Alternatively, you could use the air fryer function of your Ninja Foodi to heat up the mac and cheese.
How to Make
First, start by pouring the water into the Ninja Foodi.
Next, add the macaroni noodles, butter, and salt, and submerge them in the water.
Close the lid and slide to pressure. Cook on HIGH pressure for 1 minute, then do an instant release and carefully open the lid.
Stir in the whole milk, evaporated milk, 12 ounces of the cheese, dried mustard, garlic powder, and black pepper.
Select the air fryer function on your Ninja Foodi, and set the temperature to 320 ° F. Set a timer for 8 minutes and select START/STOP to begin cooking.
Stir to combine, and then top with the remaining cheese. Cook for another 8 to 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
When cooking is complete, allow your mac and cheese to sit for ten minutes before serving. Enjoy warm!
More Ninja Foodi Recipes to Try
- Ninja Foodi Mashed Potatoes
- Ninja Foodi Chicken Breast
- Ninja Foodi Green Beans
- Ninja Foodi Apple Crisp
- Ninja Foodi French Onion Soup
- Ninja Foodi Cornbread
Ninja Foodi Mac and Cheese
- Ninja Foodi
- 4 cups water
- 16 ounces macaroni noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 15- oz can evaporated milk
- 16 ounces shredded cheddar cheese divided (or use a blend of mozzarella, American, and cheddar)
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Place the water in the Ninja Foodi. Add the macaroni noodles, butter, and salt and submerge in the water.
- Close the lid and slide to pressure. Cook on HIGH pressure for 1 minute, then do an instant release and carefully open the lid.
- Stir in the whole milk, evaporated milk, 12 ounces of the cheese, mustard powder, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Select Air Fryer, and set your temperature to 320 ° F. Set the timer to 8 minutes, and select START/STOP to begin.
- Stir to combine and then top with the remaining cheese. Cook for another 8 to 10 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, allow to sit for 10 minutes and then serve.