This Ninja Foodi Grill Meatloaf is easy to make, has simple ingredients, and is sure to be a hit at your next family dinner. It is packed with flavor, and the Ninja Foodi Grill gives it a perfect char. You'll love how easy this recipe is to follow, and your family will love how delicious it is.
Looking for a new family favorite? This Ninja Grill meatloaf recipe is the perfect comfort food!
It's hearty, flavorful, and best of all, it's cooked in the Ninja Foodi Grill, so you don't have to heat up your kitchen with the oven.
The meatloaf comes out juicy and flavorful, and the Ninja Foodi Grill gives it a nice char. This recipe is perfect for a busy weeknight dinner, and it's sure to please the whole family.
For an easy meal, cook some Ninja Foodi Grill potatoes while the meatloaf rest and be prepared for happy smiles all around.
- Ketchup: Use your favorite brand of ketchup. Primal Kitchen is my go-to.
- Brown Sugar: I recommend using light brown sugar.
- Balsamic Vinegar: Using high-quality, aged balsamic adds depth to the overall flavor of the meatloaf.
- Soy Sauce: Use low-sodium soy sauce for less saltiness if you like. If you are gluten-free, use tamari or coconut aminios.
- Ground Beef: You can use your favorite ground beef to make meatloaf in the Ninja Foodi Grill. I typically use 85/15.
- Eggs: The eggs act as a binding agent to keep the meatloaf together.
- Breadcrumbs: You can use panko or regular breadcrumbs. If you are gluten-free, use gluten-free breadcrumbs or lightly ground oats. (Provided you tolerate oats.)
- Onion: Grate the onion for a smoother texture and better incorporation into the meat mixture.
- Garlic: Fresh garlic is best, but you can also use jarred minced garlic for convenience. Garlic powder could also be used.
- Salt and Pepper: Add to taste.
Tips & Tricks
- I like to double or even triple the glaze and serve the extra alongside the meatloaf.
- If you have time, let the meatloaf sit in the fridge for a couple of hours before cooking. This helps it hold together better when cooking and helps the flavors to meld.
- To ensure your meatloaf is cooked throughout, use a meat thermometer to check that it has reached an internal temperature of 165° F before serving.
- You can use bbq sauce or chili sauce in place of the ketchup for a fun twist.
Serve this tasty meatloaf with mashed potatoes and your favorite veggies for a complete meal.
Some of my favorite options are:
- Mascarpone Mashed Potatoes
- Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes
- Instant Pot Green Beans
- Crispy Roasted Shaved Brussels Sprouts
- Braised Red Cabbage
- Creamed Spinach with Cream Cheese
- Caramelized Brussels Sprouts
- Instant Pot Carrots
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Cheesy Corn Casserole
Frequently Asked Questions
What temperature do you bake meatloaf at?
For this recipe, we cooked the meatloaf at 350 °F using the Bake setting on our Ninja Foodi Grill.
Can I use a different type of ground meat?
Yes, feel free to experiment with different types of ground meat, such as ground turkey, pork, or chicken. Just keep in mind that cooking times may vary.
Can I make this meatloaf ahead of time?
Yes, you can assemble the meatloaf mixture and shape it into a loaf before covering and refrigerating until ready to cook.
The glaze can also be prepared ahead of time and stored in the fridge until ready to use.
Tools Needed to Make
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
Leftover meatloaf can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Meatloaf sandwiches are a great way to repurpose the leftovers.
You can also freeze it for up to 2 months.
To reheat, thaw in the fridge and then place slices on a baking sheet and heat at 350 degrees until warmed through. You can also reheat in your microwave or in your Foodi Grill.
How to Make
First, start by making the glaze. In a small bowl, whisk together the ketchup, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, and soy sauce. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, eggs, breadcrumbs, grated onion, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
Use your hands or a spoon to stir everything together until evenly combined.
Form the mixture into a loaf shape on top of aluminum foil in your crisper basket, folding up the sides of the foil to form a nest.
Set the Foodi Grill to Bake at 350 degrees F and preheat.
When preheated, add the crisper basket with meatloaf. Baking meatloaf in a Ninja Foodi Grill will take about 35 minutes, but always use an instant-read thermometer to determine doneness.
Carefully remove the basket and brush with the glaze.
Set your grill to air crisp and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes until the glaze is lightly caramelized and the internal temperature of the meatloaf reaches 165 degrees F.
Let cool for a couple of minutes before slicing and serving hot. Enjoy!
More Ninja Foodi Grill Recipes to Try
- For a simple weeknight dinner or your holiday table, this Ninja Foodi Grill Turkey Breast is perfect.
- Grilled Zucchini is the perfect easy side, and thanks to the Foodi Grill you can make it throughout the year.
- For all of the flavors of chicken parmesan in a simple meal, you are going to love this Grilled Chicken Parmesan.
- Ninja Foodi Grill Salmon is a quick and easy meal that I turn to again and again.
Ninja Foodi Grill Meatloaf
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 large eggs beaten
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ½ onion chopped fine or grated
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Make the glaze by whisking together the ketchup, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, and soy sauce.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, eggs, breadcrumbs, onion, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper. Arrange aluminum foil in the center of your air crisper basket, folding the sides up to form a nest.
- Form into a loaf on top of the foil.
- Set your Foodi Grill to Bake and set the temperature to 350 ° F.
- When the Foodi grill is preheated, add the crisper basket and cook for 35 minutes.
- Carefully remove the basket, and brush with the glaze.
- Set your grill to air crisp, and cook for another 5 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 165° F.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.