Get all of the yum, with none of the guilt with this Baked Chicken Taquitos Recipe! Baked Taquitos are elevated with a lime dipping sauce that will have the whole family coming back for more.
I am almost embarrassed to admit this, but I've made these Baked Chicken Taquitos three times in the last ten days.
I think it is safe to say that I officially have another food rut.
I am pretty ok with it, because, in addition to being insanely delicious, this Baked Chicken Taquitos Recipe is surprisingly low in calories.
They've got all the crunch of the traditional fried counterparts, minus the fat.
What Do You Put On Chicken Taquitos?
I made a delicious yogurt-based lime dipping sauce, but if you are short on time, there are a couple of other options.
- Sour Cream
- Plain Yogurt
What Is Good To Eat with Taquitos?
I love them served over a bed of chopped spinach with a little extra sauce drizzled on top for good measure. Romaine would be great too; we just happen to have an abundance of spinach on hand right now.
You could also serve them with this Spanish Cauliflower Rice.
Any way you serve them, be prepared to have them disappear. I made them for a family birthday and was sure that there were going to be leftovers the next day.
No such luck!
If You Like This Baked Chicken Taquitos Recipe, You May Also Like:
- Avocado Hummus
- Black Bean Tacos
- Greek Meatballs with Feta Sauce
- Quinoa Baked Zucchini Chips
- Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
Oven Fried Taquitos with Lime Dipping Sauce
- 1 medium zucchini grated
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 1/4 pound chicken or tempeh pulsed in a food processor or diced very fine
- 1 cup organic corn
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 24 organic corn tortillas I use the smaller sprouted corn
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese shredded
- olive oil spray
- Lime Dipping Sauce
- 3/4 cup 2% Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1- 2 teaspoons garlic minced (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray well with olive oil spray.
- Shred zucchini using a food processor or box grater. Place a colander over a bowl and place zucchini in colander. Sprinkle well with salt and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet. Add zucchini, chicken, corn, chicken broth, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, chipotle chili powder and salt. Cook until the chicken is cooked through.
- Working one at a time, heat tortillas in a dry skillet then spread 1/4 cup of chicken mixture and top with cheese. Roll tightly into a cigar shape and place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining tortillas. Spray well with oill.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until crispy and brown.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Refrigerate until serving.
If you give these baked taquitos a try, let me know what you think!