These Parmesan Crisps are a gluten free and grain free alternative to crackers that make a great appetizer for those times you need a little indulgence.
I've said over and over that I just don't do deprivation.
A big part of me staying on track with my eating and weight loss is allowing myself a treat once or twice a week. (And a glass of wine at the end of the day.) Really, it is all about balance.
One of my favorite things in the world is a cheese plate.
I've really been trying to stay away from crackers because they are a huge trigger for me. And everyone knows you can't have cheese without crackers, right?
These Parmesan Crisps will have you forgetting about crackers completely. They are the kind of thing that you savor, which means that while no one would consider them health food, I'm much less likely to completely overdo it. (And this most definitely isn't the case with crackers.)
I know some of you are going to be like "Wait, this isn't healthy, I'm looking for healthy food from you." I promise I will get back on a healthier track with my next post.
(This actually isn't a recipe that I had planned on posting, but hubs sent out my Pumpkin Quinoa Risotto post and in the email labeled it "with Parmesan crisps" and I got about 30 emails or messages wanting to know where the heck the Parmesan Crisp recipe was. So for those of you who wanted it, here it is!)
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese good quality
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot powder or organic cornstarch
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- In a small bowl combine Parmesan and arrowroot powder. Add fresh ground black pepper to taste.
- Using a tablespoon measure, place Parmesan mixture on the prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Gently flatten with a clean hand.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until golden brown. Allow to cool completely in the pan and then gently lift with a spatula.