These Broiled Parmesan Tomatoes are an easy to make side dish that you will come to crave. So simple and delicious!
I can’t say that summer is my favorite time of year, but I do so enjoy the produce. Zucchini, Basil….and my favorite, tomatoes.
I mourn fresh summer tomatoes when they are gone, so I always make sure I enjoy them when I can.
Vincent isn’t actually a tomato fan, so it is rare that I do anything special with them.
(No tomato tarts around my house unless company is coming!)
Though today’s recipe looks and tastes special, it is actually really simple. In fact, I’d say the hands on time is less than five minutes! But the taste….incredible.
These are also amazing left over. I love to reheat them and but them on burgers and chicken sandwiches.
What’s your favorite part of summer?
Broiled Parmesan Tomatoes
- 3 plum tomatoes halved
- 1/2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic less if you don’t love garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and place tomato halves, cut side up. Brush with avocado oil.
- Broil for 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine cheese, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Sprinkle over tomatoes. Broil for an additional 3 minutes.