This White Bean Veggie Burger with Caramelized Onions and Chipotle Lime Sauce are packed with flavor and will please even the meat eaters in the crowd! Perfect for your next cookout.
Today I’ve got a great Quinoa Burger that will please even the meat lovers in the crowd. Who doesn’t love a burger topped with caramelized onions and a great sauce?
I am really excited to have Wendy from Laaloosh here with us today to share one of the most amazing looking Quinoa Burgers I’ve seen in a long time! Wendy shares the most amazing looking recipes for Weight Watchers on her website, so make sure you check it out!
Tools for Making this White Bean Veggie Burger
White Bean Veggie Burger
This White Bean Veggie Burger with Caramelized Onions and Chipotle Lime Sauce is packed with flavor and will please even the meat eaters in the crowd! Perfect for your next cookout.
- For the burgers:
- 8 gluten free hamburger buns
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup cannelini beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs gluten free
- 1 egg
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- For the Caramelized Onions:
- 2 yellow onions thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup beer gluten free
- For the Chipotle Lime "Mayo" :
- 6 oz plain Greek yogurt
- 1 lime juice and zest
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise like Vegenaise
- 1 tsp ground chipotle pepper or more, to taste
- Salt to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
While quinoa is cooking, place beans in a large bowl, and mash well with a fork. Add in cooked quinoa, cheese, egg, breadcrumbs, garlic, paprika, coriander, and salt & pepper. Mix well with hands. Form into 8 patties, place on a plate, cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- To make chipotle lime mayo, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, lime juice, lime zest, chipotle pepper, and salt together in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Caramelize onions by melting butter in a large, non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add in onions and cook for about 15 minutes, or until all the onion are softened. Add in beer, and cook, stirring frequently, until all the beer has evaporated. Place onions into separate bowl and set aside.
- Lightly mist it a large skillet with an olive oil mister or cooking spray and set over medium high (I just use the same skillet). Place quinoa patties into the heated pan, and cook until golden and browned, about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Transfer cooked burgers to a plate, and then place burger buns face down on skillet to toast the inside of the buns a bit, about 1minute.
- Assemble burgers by placing one patty on each bun, topping it with about 1 tbsp of chipotle lime mayo, and equal amounts of caramelized onions.
If You Like White Bean Veggie Burger You May Also Like:
Connect with Wendy: