With quinoa, kale, cranberries, and feta topped off with a delicious Maple Tahini Dressing, this Quinoa Butternut Squash Salad is a salad you will crave.This post is brought to you by Pompeian. All opinions are my own.
You know the funny thing about fall foods? Every time I start eating them I wonder why on earth I don’t eat them year around.
Ok, yes. We flirted with pumpkin a bit over the summer. But beyond that, all things fall were safety tucked away until about a month ago.
I’d almost forgotten just how much I love butternut squash in salad.
To me, it makes an otherwise simple salad into a wonderful vegetarian meal. (Perfect for Meatless Mondays.)
Today’s Butternut Squash & Quinoa Salad is made even better by the Maple Tahini Dressing. Folks, I wanted to bathe in this dressing it was so good. Hubby was most definitely not in the mood for salad when I brought it to him. He ended up telling me how great it was about five times.
What Fall Food Do You Love?
If You Like This Quinoa Butternut Squash Salad You May Also Like:
- Maple Glazed Acorn Squash
- Asian Quinoa Salad
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- Kale Salad with Tahini Dressing
Quinoa Butternut Squash Salad
Quinoa & Butternut Squash with Maple Tahini Dressing
- 2 lb butternut squash peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons olive oil divided (such as Pompeian Mediterranean Blend or Extra Virgin)
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 4 cups baby kale or spinach
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 3 ounces feta crumbled (or nut cheese)
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees. Toss squash with a tablespoon of oil and toss with chipotle powder, salt and pepper. Bake for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Allow to cool slightly.
- Make dressing by combining remaining oil, tahini, maple syrup, lemon zest, lemon juice and garlic in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl combine squash, quinoa, kale and cranberries. Toss with dressing and top with feta.