If you are looking for an easy and delicious way to get your veggies, give this Slow Cooker Ratatouille a try! It makes a beautiful vegan main course or a healthy appetizer. Once you make Ratatouille in your Crockpot, you will never go back to making it on the stove.
When I shared these Slow Cooker Beef Fajitas, I mentioned that in addition to convenience, part of what motivates me to use my slow cooker this time of year is just not wanting to heat up the kitchen.
Because when it is 95 degrees with 95 percent humidity outside, the last thing an intelligent person does is add more heat to the situation.
I used to give my mother "the look" when she made statements like that. (Which she frequently did, along with telling me not to let the "bought air" out.)
For better or worse, I'm finally at an age where I completely get and embrace the ideas of both not heating the kitchen and not letting the air conditioning escape.
In the past, when I thought of slow cooker recipes, I usually thought of fall food. Heavier dishes like casseroles and creamy soups.
That is why recipes like today's Slow Cooker Ratatouille are such a treat.
Packed with seasonal produce, this no-fuss dish is as easy as chopping up the veggies. (Hint: If you have kids that are old enough, let them pitch in for the chopping. Supervised, of course, it makes for a great way to speed thing up.)
You can serve this by itself, but I am a huge fan of it on a crusty (gluten-free) baguette. If you look in the recipe notes, I've given you several other suggestions of how to serve this Crock Pot Ratatouille Recipe.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participants in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Tools for Making Crockpot Ratatouille
Slow Cooker Ratatouille
Slow Cooker Ratatouille
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 eggplant cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 zucchini cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 yellow squash cut into ½ inch piece
- 1 red pepper seeded and diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or chives
- In a 5- to 6- quart slow cooker, stir together tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini, squash, , red pepper, onion, garlic, salt, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper and black pepper.
- Cook on HIGH for 3 ½ hours or LOW for 6 to 8 hours
- Add tomato paste and parsley and cook uncovered for an additional 30 minutes.
- If desired, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with fresh parsley or chives before serving.
Serving Suggestions for Crockpot Ratatouille
- Serve it on top of baguette.
- Use as a stuffing for crepes.
- Serve it over gluten-free pasta with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
- Serve with a drizzle of balsamic reduction, fresh basil and pie nuts on top.
- Drizzle Herbes de Provence Oil on top.
- Use it as a filling for Stromboli or Calzone.
- Serve over polenta with crumbled goat cheese and fresh basil.