This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MakeGameTimeSaucy #CollectiveBias
These Southwestern Stuffed Mini-Peppers and Black Bean Taquitos are the perfect easy game day menu. Vegetarian and Gluten Free.
It is no secret that I love football season.
This year, my beloved alma mater is not so fun to watch, but that doesn’t mean I am not still enjoying myself. When the plays start to make me nervous, I head to the kitchen.
Homegating is one of my favorite things in the world.
I love the simplicity of game day recipes. Somehow it never seems like work to put it together. And let’s not forget the yummy factor. There is something about a table full of appetizers that never fails to excite my taste buds.
Most weeks, we pick a menu theme, and one of our favorites is Southwestern.
When we do Southwestern, we rely on the big flavor of Pace® Salsa and Picante. I pick it up at Walmart.
The Pace® products give that kick of authentic southwest flavor that never disappoints. It is a great easy way to kick up your cooking and snacking that the whole family will love. I love that the products can be used all day long, from breakfast quesadillas to dinner. They even make a great salad dressing replacement. Pace® Salsa is good on just about anything but ice cream. (Ewww….)
We love to eat adventurously on game day, and today I am sharing with you two of my favorites: Southwestern Stuffed Mini-Peppers and Black Bean Taquitos. Both of these vegetarian recipes are crowd pleasers that you will find yourself craving again and again.
The Southwestern Stuffed Mini-Peppers can be made ahead of time and baked when you are ready to serve them. The Black Bean Taquitos may also be prepped ahead.
Open a bag of chips and put out a bowl of Pace® Salsa or Picante, and you’ve got a simple game day menu that everyone will love.
Don’t forget to pick up Pace® Salsa and Picante for your next game day!
Southwestern Stuffed Mini-Peppers & Black Bean Taquitos
- 16 ounces sweet mini-peppers
- 1 1/2 cup black beans drained and rinsed (1 can)
- 1 cup corn
- 1/2 cup Pace® Salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/4 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Place peppers on baking sheet and roast for 10 to 12 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Once cool use a small knife to cut a long opening in the side of the pepper, leaving the stem and bottom in tact. Soup out seeds from the pepper and discard. Chop up the peppers that were cut from the side.
- In a bowl combine black beans, corn, salsa and cheddar. Divide among peppers. Return to the prepared baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine sour cream, lime just and lime zest in a small bowl.
- Drizzles sour cream mixture over the peppers and serve warm.
Black Bean Taquitos
- 1 1/2 cups black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn
- 2 tablespoons Pace® salsa
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese shredded
- 24 corn tortillas
- For Garnish: salsa sour cream, avocado
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and brush with avocado oil. (Or oil of choice.)
- In a small bowl combine black beans, corn, taco seasoning and pace salsa. Stir in cheese.
- Working one at a time, heat tortillas in a dry skillet and then spread 1/3 cup of the black bean and cheese mixture. Roll tightly into a cigar shape and place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining tortillas. Brush with oil.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until crispy and brown. Garnish as desired.