This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MakeGameTimeSaucy #CollectiveBias
These Southwestern Stuffed Mini-Peppers are the perfect easy game day menu that you can feel good about serving. Vegetarian and Gluten Free.
It is no secret that I love football season.
This year, my beloved alma mater is not so fun to watch, but that doesn’t mean I am not still enjoying myself. When the plays start to make me nervous, I head to the kitchen.
Homegating is one of my favorite things in the world.
I love the simplicity of game day recipes. Somehow it never seems like work to put it together. And let’s not forget the yummy factor. There is something about a table full of appetizers that never fails to excite my taste buds.
Most weeks, we pick a menu theme, and one of our favorites is Southwestern.
We love to eat adventurously on game day, and today I am sharing with you two of my favorites: Southwestern Stuffed Mini-Peppers and Black Bean Taquitos. Both of these vegetarian recipes are crowd pleasers that you will find yourself craving again and again.
The Southwestern Stuffed Mini-Peppers can be made ahead of time and baked when you are ready to serve them. The Black Bean Taquitos may also be prepped ahead.
Open a bag of chips and put out a bowl of salsa, and you’ve got a simple game day menu that everyone will love.
Southwestern Stuffed Mini-Peppers & Black Bean Taquitos
- 16 ounces sweet mini-peppers
- 1 1/2 cup black beans drained and rinsed (1 can)
- 1 cup corn
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/4 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Place peppers on baking sheet and roast for 10 to 12 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Once cool use a small knife to cut a long opening in the side of the pepper, leaving the stem and bottom in tact. Soup out seeds from the pepper and discard. Chop up the peppers that were cut from the side.
- In a bowl combine black beans, corn, salsa and cheddar. Divide among peppers. Return to the prepared baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine sour cream, lime just and lime zest in a small bowl.
- Drizzles sour cream mixture over the peppers and serve warm.
If You Like These Southwestern Stuffed Peppers You May Also Like: