This is a sponsored post brought to you by Torani. All opinions are my own.
'Tis the season to celebrate, and it doesn't get much better than this Almond Roca Sugar Free Eggnog. Made with Torani Sugar Free Almond Roca Syrup, this recipe makes a welcome change to the classic you love. You are going to love the creaminess of this festive holiday cocktail drink.
I don't know about you, but I am looking forward to a little holiday cheer after what has been an incredibly interesting year.
Though large gatherings are on hold for the time being, I am still getting excited to decorate and enjoy the season with family and close friends.
I am so looking forward to gathering up my favorite holiday decorations and letting the festivities begin!
And of course, everyone knows that there is no better way to decorate than with a specialty holiday drink in hand.
This year I am shaking up my favorite holiday cocktail with this Almond Roca Sugar-Free Eggnog.
I love Torani Syrups because they are made with simple, thoughtfully sourced ingredients.
Crafted to bring out the best in drinks, they mix well and allow you to create something uniquely your own easily!
One flavor works for endless recipes, but as delicious as they are, you don't even need a recipe. You can simply stir a spoonful into your coffee, hot chocolate, or latte for an everyday treat!
Whatever your holidays look like this year, here's to them being as sweet as ever.
Milk: I prefer whole milk here, but use what works for you
Half and Half: For an extra rich option, heavy cream works too.
Torani Sugar Free Almond Roca Syrup: With just five calories per serving, this delicious syrup is the perfect way to add flavor and sweetness to cocktails. Nutty and chocolatey and full of that buttercrunch flavor of the much-loved candy, it is the easiest way I know to take flavors to the next level.
Egg Yolks: I used large eggs. Make sure the mixture reaches 160° F to ensure safety.
Alcohol: This is optional - you can go the mocktail route if you like. Rum, brandy, and bourbon are all great options. If you want, you can use a combination.
Vanilla Extract: Use the best quality you can. It adds a nice pop of flavor.
Cinnamon: I am a big fan of Ceylon cinnamon, but any cinnamon works here.
Make this up to one day ahead of time and kept in a chilled container in the refrigerator.
Scaling the Recipe
Feel free to scale this recipe for entertaining. Just click on the number of servings in the recipe card and adjust to suit your needs.
- Make this a mocktail by omitting the alcohol.
- If you prefer, you can use nutmeg in place of the cinnamon.
- Make this recipe keto-friendly by omitting the milk and half and half and using all heavy cream.
How to Make Almond Roca Sugar Free Eggnog
First, start by combining the milk, 1/2 cup of the half and half, and Torani Sugar-Free Almond Roca Syrup in a dutch oven over medium-low heat.
Bring to a simmer, being careful not to let the mixture come to a boil. Cook for 15 minutes.
Beat the egg yolks in a large bowl.
Take half of the cream mixture from the dutch oven and slowly add it to the eggs. Once it is incorporated, add the cream and eggs back to the dutch oven.
Cook over medium-low for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Strain and whisk in the rum, vanilla, and cinnamon.
Chill for at least an hour, or up to overnight.
When you are ready to serve, beat together the remaining half-and-half until soft peaks form.
Serve the eggnog with a dollop of whipped cream on top.
More Great Drink Recipes to Try
- This Green Tea Lemon Drop is a fun twist on a classic. Try it once and you will be hooked.
- When you need something that is delicious and refreshing, this Hibiscus Margarita always satisfies.
Make your holidays a bit more festive and level up your holiday cocktail drink game! Purchase Torani Syrup at torani.com.
Almond Roca Sugar-Free Eggnog
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups half and half or heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Torani Sugar-Free Almond Roca Syrup
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup rum or bourbon, more or less to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon plus more for serving
- Stir together the milk, 1/2 cup of the half and half, and the Torani Sugar-Free Almond Roca Syrup in a dutch oven over medium-low heat stirring occasionally. Cook for 15 minutes, being careful not to bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Gradually stir half of the hot milk mixture into the egg mixture, and then add the egg mixture to the remaining hot milk mixture in the Dutch oven.
- Cook over medium-low, occasionally stirring for 20 to 25 minutes. The temperature should reach 160° F. Strain and add in the rum, vanilla, and cinnamon. Whisk to combine.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Beat the remaining 1 cup of heavy cream with an electric mixture over high until soft peaks form.
- Serve the eggnog with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.