Take your steak game to the next level with this Air Fryer Flat Iron Steak recipe. With the magic of air frying, you'll achieve a perfectly cooked steak that's juicy and tender on the inside with a deliciously crispy exterior. Get ready to impress your family and friends with this easy and flavorful recipe that guarantees steakhouse-quality results in no time.
When you want bold flavors without a lot of effort, it doesn’t get any better than this Air Fryer Flat Iron Steak.
Your air fryer gives you juicy and tender results every time.
It's a game-changer when it comes to cooking steaks, as it locks in all the flavors and juices while giving you the perfect crust.
Plus, it's incredibly convenient and saves you time compared to traditional cooking methods.
So, get your taste buds ready and prepare to enjoy a mouthwatering Air Fryer Flat Iron Steak that will have you coming back for seconds.
- Flat Iron Steak: The flat iron beef steak is known for its marbling, which adds richness and juiciness to each bite. If you can't find flat iron steak, you can substitute it with sirloin steak, ribeye, New York strip, flank steak, or skirt steak Just make sure you adjust the cooking time to ensure your steak is cooked to the degree of doneness you prefer.
- Chili Powder: This ingredient brings a subtle heat and depth of flavor to the dish.
- Smoked Paprika: Regular paprika can be used as a substitute if you don't have smoked paprika on hand, but you'll miss out on that delightful smokiness.
- Brown Sugar: A touch of sweetness from brown sugar helps balance out the flavors in the marinade. Feel free to use a sugar-free brown sugar substitute, or to omit.
- Sea Salt: Feel free to use whatever salt that you have on hand.
- Oregano: If you don't have dried oregano, you can use dried thyme or even dried basil as a substitution.
- Black Pepper: For the best flavor, it's recommended to use freshly ground black pepper. However, if you only have pre-ground black pepper, it will still work well in this recipe.
Step by Step Instructions
For the full recipe for air fryer steak with measurements, see the recipe card at the end of the post.
Tips and Tricks
- Preheat your air fryer: Make sure to preheat your air fryer to the recommended temperature before cooking your flat iron steak. This helps to ensure even cooking and a nice sear on the outside.
- Pat the steak dry: Before seasoning your flat iron steak, make sure to pat it dry with paper towels. This helps to remove excess moisture, allowing for better browning and texture.
- Let the steak come to room temperature: After applying the spice rub, let your flat iron steak sit at room temperature for about an hour. This allows the seasonings to penetrate the muscle fibers for more flavor, and also allows for more even cooking.
- Let it rest: Once cooked, remove the flat iron steak from the air fryer and let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes. This allows the juices to be redistributed, resulting in a juicier and more flavorful steak. Add a pat of butter while the teak rests if you like.
- Slice against the grain: When ready to serve, slice your flat iron steak against the grain. This helps to ensure a tender and enjoyable eating experience.
- Leftovers: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. Reheat in the air fryer, in a cast iron skillet, or in the oven.
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
More Air Fryer Recipes to Try
- Get ready to indulge in the heavenly goodness of Air Fryer Garlic Bread, a crispy and flavorful treat that will elevate any meal or gathering with its aromatic garlic and buttery notes.
- Craving some comfort food? Look no further than Air Fryer Chicken Fried Steak, where tenderized steak is coated in a perfectly seasoned breading and air fried to golden perfection, resulting in a crunchy exterior and juicy, flavorful meat.
- Say goodbye to greasy fast food fries and say hello to Air Fryer Curly Fries, a healthier alternative that still delivers on taste and texture, as the spiral-cut potatoes are seasoned to perfection and cooked to crispy perfection in the air fryer.
- Sink your teeth into a mouthwatering Air Fryer Burger, a juicy patty cooked to perfection in your air fryer then stacked with your favorite toppings.
15-Minute Air Fryer Flat Iron Steak
- Air Fryer
- 1 ¼ pounds flat iron steak
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Pat the steak dry with paper towels.
- Combine the chili powder, smoked paprika, brown sugar, salt, oregano, and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Rub the steak with the spice mixture, and allow to stand at room temperature for about an hour, or proceed with the recipe immediately.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400° F. Add the steaks and cook for 5 minutes.
- Flip, and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes until the steak reaches the desired doneness.
- Let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.