If you're looking for a recipe that will wow your friends and family this holiday season, look no further than this Baked Brie with Jam. The combination of creamy, decadent brie and sweet, fruity jam is absolutely delicious, and with just a few simple toppings, this dish can be elevated to spectacular heights.
Baked brie is always a hit at parties. From Halloween and Thanksgiving to Christmas and New Years, easy appetizers like this are always a winner.
This version has a sweet and savory jam topping that pairs perfectly with the brie cheese.
It's simple to make and can be customized to your liking. Try topping your crostinis with some chopped nuts or fresh fruit for an extra bit of flavor and texture.
So easy and so tasty, this Brie and Jam is sure to become a new favorite!
Ingredients for Making Baked Brie and Jam
- Brie: You want a round of brie with the rind on it. If you don't care for the rind, you can split it and let the cheese ooze out for serving. If you prefer trimming the rind off, you will want to bake and serve this in a small oven-safe serving dish.
- Jam: Use your favorite jam and make sure it is a good quality. Hot pepper jam, fig, apricot jam, raspberry preserves, and strawberry jam are all great options.
- Toppings: Nuts and fresh fruit make great additions.
- For Serving: You will want to serve this with baguette slices or crackers.
Tips & Tricks
- If your jam is refrigerated, allow to come to room temperature if possible.
- If using fresh fruit, slice just before serving or slice ahead of time and keep it in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
- The rind on the brie is edible, but if you don't care for it you can trim it off and bake in a small dish that just fits the cheese.
- Add some fresh herbs like rosemary or thyme for a spectacular pop of flavor.
- Cooking for a larger crowd? You can use a 16 ounce wheel of brie and increase the cooking time by 4 to 6 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Brie?
Brie is a soft cheese that originated in France. It is made from cow's milk and has a white, edible rind. The flavor of brie is mild, slightly sweet, and it melts beautifully.
What are Good Toppings for Baked Brie?
Some of our favorite toppings for Baked Brie are chopped nuts, fresh fruit, honey, and herbs.
Fruits: apples, apricots, blueberries, cherries, roasted grapes, kiwi, mangoes, oranges, papaya, peaches, pears, pineapples, plums, dried cranberries
Nuts: almonds, Brazil nuts, cashews, chestnuts, coconuts, hazelnuts, macadamias, peanuts, pecans, pistachios, walnuts
Herbs: parsley, thyme, rosemary, fried sage
You can really use whatever you like, though! Get creative and try out different flavor combinations.
Should Brie Be At Room Temperature Before Baking?
Brie can be baked straight from the fridge.
If your jam is refrigerated, you may want to allow it to come to room temperature before spreading on top of the brie.
Store leftover baked brie in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Heat leftovers in the oven before serving.
I do not recommend freezing this dish.
How to Make Brie with Jam
First, start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F.
Next, line a small baking sheet with parchment paper or spray a small skillet or oven-safe dish with oil.
Next, add the brie and bake for 8 minutes.
After that, arefully remove the wedge of brie from the oven and spread the jam on top.
If you've cut the rind off your brie, spreading it can be hard. I recommend stirring it well and then dolloping it on top.
Cook for another 6 minutes.
Finally, top with the desired toppings, slice the melty cheese with a sharp knife, and serve with crackers or a baguette. Enjoy!
More Appetizers to Try
Looking for more appetizer recipes? Here are some great options:
Baked Brie with Jam
- 8- ounce Brie Round
- ½ cup jam such has hot pepper jam, apricot, or strawberry
- For topping and serving: nuts fresh fruit, baguette, crackers
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper or spray a small skillet or oven safe dish with oil.
- Add the brie and bake for 8 minutes.
- Carefully remove from the oven, and spread the jam on top of the brie.
- Cook for another 6 minutes.
- Top with the desired toppings, and serve with crackers or a baguette.
Leave a Reply