When you need a delicious family dinner with minimal prep time, this Ninja Foodi Grill Salmon recipe is perfect! With a punchy marinade that delivers on flavor, this is a weeknight meal you will turn to over and over. Don’t skip the squeeze of lemon juice at the end - it transforms the flavors.
Are you looking for an easy and delicious salmon recipe? Look no further than this Ninja Foodi Grill Salmon Recipe!
This easy salmon is perfect for those who want to try grilling fish for the first time.
It is also an excellent option for those looking for a healthy and flavorful meal.
With just minutes of hands-on time, you have a wholesome meal that will keep them coming back for more.
Ingredients for Making Ninja Foodi Grilled Salmon
- Salmon: You will need 1 ½ pounds of salmon for this recipe. I recommend using skinless salmon fillets for this recipe.
- Soy sauce or gluten-free tamari: This will be used as the marinade for the salmon. Soy sauce has gluten, so if that is a concern for you, use gluten-free tamari. You could also use coconut aminos.
- Brown sugar: This recipe will need ¼ cup of brown sugar. If you are sugar-free, choose a brown sugar alternative like Swerve.
- Avocado oil: Use your favorite heat-safe oil. You can use olive oil, but I don’t recommend using extra virgin olive oil.
- Lemon pepper: If you don't have lemon pepper, use ½ teaspoon black pepper and ½ teaspoon fresh lemon zest.
- Garlic powder: You will need 1 teaspoon garlic powder for this recipe.
- Sea salt: Adjust the amount of salt to your personal preference.
Tips & Tricks
- If you are using frozen salmon, ensure it is completely thawed before marinating.
- I like to use a ziplock bag to marinate my salmon. This helps to coat the salmon in the marinade evenly.
- Marinate the salmon for at least 30 minutes, but make sure you don't go longer than 2 hours.
This easy main course works well with so many different side dishes. Try it with Broccoli Slaw Salad, Sour Cream Potato Salad, Instant Pot Red Potato Salad, Grilled Zucchini, or Blackstone Asparagus.
Frequently Asked Questions
The best temperature to cook salmon is about 450 to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. This will result in a cooked salmon fillet that is tender and juicy.
Cooking time for salmon will vary depending on the thickness of your fillets. For this recipe, cook the salmon for 10 minutes per inch of thickness for medium, 5 minutes for rare.
A digital cooking thermometer is the best way to check if your salmon is cooked. Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the salmon fillet.
The internal temperature of the salmon should be about 145 degrees
Fahrenheit for medium or 135 degrees for medium-rare.
If you don't have a digital cooking thermometer, you can check for doneness by doing the flake test. Cut into the salmon with a sharp knife and check to see if the center is cooked and no longer translucent.
Yes, air frying is a great option, and you can do it right in your grill with the Ninja Foodi air crisp function.
Cook it in the air fryer basket at 400° F for about 8 minutes or to the desired doneness.
Tools Needed to Make Grilled Salmon on the Ninja Foodi
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
- Ninja Foodi Grill
- Shallow Dish or Freezer Bag
- Fish Spatula
- Meat Thermometer to ensure the meat is at the desired temperature.
When it comes to storage, you have a few options. If you plan to eat the Ninja Foodi salmon within a day or two, store it in an airtight container in the fridge.
If you want to meal prep with this recipe, I suggest storing the salmon in individual portions.
Once it is cooked, allow it to cool completely before storing. This salmon will last in the fridge for up to two or three days.
You can also freeze this salmon. I recommend freezing leftover salmon in individual portions for easy thawing and reheating.
Cooked salmon will last in the freezer for up to three months. When ready to eat it, thaw it overnight in the fridge and reheat it in the oven, on the grill, or in the microwave.
How Do You Grill Salmon in a Ninja Foodi Grill?
First, place the salmon in a shallow dish or a plastic zip-top bag.
In a small dish, combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, avocado oil, lemon pepper, garlic powder, and salt.
Pour the marinade over the salmon and marinate it in the fridge for 2 hours.
Remove the salmon from the marinade and discard the marinade.
Preheat your Ninja Foodi Grill to Grill - MAX. Set your timer for 5 minutes.
Add the salmon to the Foodi grill grate and close the lid. (If you have fish fillets with skin, make sure you put them on the indoor grill skin side down)
Cook for 5 minutes to the desired doneness.
Serve your Ninja Foodi Smart XL Grill Salmon with lemon juice, and enjoy!
You May Also Like
- Are you looking for a deliciously easy meal to prep outdoors? You will love cooking Salmon on the Blackstone Griddle.
- This Air Fryer Tuna Steak recipe is perfect for those nights when you are craving something different and exciting. With a sweet heat ginger-soy marinade, this dish will have your taste buds going wild with delight!
- This Sheet Pan Salmon with Asparagus, Tomatoes, and Shallots is a quick weeknight meal you will love. It's simple enough for any night but delivers an unexpected complexity in flavor!
- Get ready for your taste buds to sing! If you like steak, this is the perfect dish. Grilled Filet Mignon cooked just right and topped off with a bit of compound butter- it doesn't get much better than that. You can make this outdoors or on your Foodi Grill.
Ninja Foodi Grill Salmon
- 1 ½ pounds skinless salmon fillets
- ⅓ cup soy sauce or gluten-free tamari
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or your favorite heat-safe oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- For serving: lemon wedges
- Place the salmon in a shallow dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, avocado oil, lemon pepper, garlic powder, and salt.
- Pour over the salmon and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Remove the salmon from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Preheat your Foodi Grill to Grill - MAX. Set the timer for 5 minutes.
- Add the salmon and close the lid.
- Cook for 5 minutes until the desired doneness.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Yum! Love finding great dinner recipes for my Ninja!
This looks so good! Will definitely make this!
perfect and delicious. thank you for this recipe. 🙂
Thanks for your perfect recipe. Will make again!
My kids loved your grilled salmon recipe, thanks!