If you are looking for a delicious appetizer that no one will suspect is healthier, try these Goat Cheese Wontons! They have a secret ingredient that no one will suspect.
If you caught my last post, I shared this Jeweled Quinoa Salad. It is a recipe that I've been making for over six years, and it remains a favorite.
Today I've got another favorite for you - Goat Cheese Wontons.
I adore this recipe, which is one of my go-to appetizers. I make it often for football Saturdays, and I've been known to make a meal of it as well.
The recipe inspiration came from Clean Eating Magazine, but I lightened up the sauce and added seasonings. Since this recipe was originally made back in my CookingQuinoa.net days, I originally added quinoa in the cheese mixture.
This is a habit that has stuck, mostly because I feel like it helps me keep my portions under control. If you don't happen to have cooked quinoa on hand or don't like quinoa, feel free to leave it off. It won't impact the flavor a bit, just the nutritional profile.
If You Like These Goat Cheese Wontons You May Also Like:
- Quinoa Spring Rolls with Spicy Dipping Sauce
- Greek Meatballs with Feta Sauce
- Broiled Parmesan Tomatoes
- Oven Fried Taquitos with Lime Dipping Sauce
Goat Cheese Wontons
- 6 oz wonton wrappers
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon basil chopped fine
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/4 cup fresh parmesan grated
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 T basil chopped
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine goat cheese, cooked quinoa, basil, red pepper, and garlic.
- Spread out wonton wrappers on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with olive oil. Put a teaspoon or two of the filling on each wrapper. Brush the edges with water and fold to form a triangle.
- Press the edges to close.
- When all of your wrappers are filled spray the tops with olive oil spray. Top with parmesan cheese. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, keeping a close eye on them towards the end. The wontons are done when they are a golden brown.
- To make the roasted red pepper sauce, combine red peppers, yogurt, basil, garlic, sea salt and pepper in your blender. Process until smooth.