Whip up a taste of the Mediterranean in under 20 minutes with these vibrant Greek Salad Wraps with Hummus. Made with a medley of fresh, crunchy veggies all tucked into a soft wrap with a generous smear of hummus, this sandwich is bursting with flavor and texture.
Today I'm happy to share one of my go-to lunches - the ever-so-delicious Greek Salad Wrap with Hummus. This is one of those meals that's not just incredibly tasty, but also packed full of fresh, vibrant ingredients that will leave you feeling satisfied and energized.
Now, I'll be honest with you, I have a bit of a love affair with Greek cuisine.
There's something about the simple yet flavorful combination of olives, feta, crunchy veggies, and that tangy, creamy hummus that makes my heart sing. And when you wrap it all up in a soft, wrap, well, that's what I call lunchtime bliss.
Get ready to create a meal that's not only nutritious and quick to prepare but also brimming with Mediterranean flavors. Trust me, once you've tried these Greek Salad Wraps with Hummus, they'll become a regular feature in your lunchtime rotation. Let's get started!
Tips & Tricks
- Fresh is Best: Make sure your lettuce is crisp, your tomatoes are ripe, and your cucumber is crunchy. And don't forget those kalamata olives - they add a wonderful salty tang that really brings this wrap to life.
- Get Creative with Hummus: There's a world of hummus flavors out there, so don't be afraid to experiment. Roasted red pepper, garlic, or even lemon hummus can add a delightful twist to your Greek salad wrap. My personal favorite is 'Hummus Heaven's' spicy hummus - it gives the wrap a nice kick!
- Cheese Please: Feta cheese is a classic ingredient in Greek salad, but you could also try using halloumi or even mozzarella. Just remember to crumble or slice it thinly so it distributes evenly throughout the wrap.
- Roll it Right: Rolling a wrap can be tricky, but here's a little trick: arrange your ingredients in a line down the center of the wrap, leaving a bit of space at the bottom. Fold in the sides, then roll up from the bottom. You'll have a neat, tight wrap that's ready to devour.
- Mix it Up: Feel free to mix and match ingredients based on what's in season or what you have on hand. Grilled chicken, roasted veggies, or even some crispy bacon would all be delicious additions.
15-Minute Greek Salad Wrap with Hummus
- 1 cup chickpeas drained, rinsed and lightly mashed
- 12 grape tomatoes halved
- 8 pitted kalamata olives sliced
- ½ red onion diced (you could also use pickled red onions)
- ¼ cup feta cheese or vegan feta
- 4 cups chopped lettuce
- 4 tablespoons hummus
- 4 large tortillas
- Make dressing by combining all ingredients in a blender.
- Place chickpeas, tomatoes, olives, red onion, feta and romaine in a large bowl. Toss with dressing. Warm tortillas in a dry pan and spread 1 tablespoon of hummus on each. Top with salad mixture and roll up. Serve with additional dressing for dipping if desired.