With the kids headed back to school, I’m always on the lookout for snacks that they love, and I feel good about.
SkinnyPop® Popcorn fits the bill! Gluten Free and non-GMO, SkinnyPop is made with just three ingredients – popcorn, sunflower oil and just the right amount of salt.
SkinnyPop agrees that the best lunchtime snacks are the ones that contain the fewest, simplest ingredients.
If your kid can’t spell what’s inside, they probably shouldn’t be eating it!
Perfect for the school year, SkinnyPop offers the SkinnyPack® with six .65 oz lunchbox-sized 100-calorie bags in both Original and White Cheddar flavors. It is also available in 4.4oz bags in a variety of flavors including Original, White Cheddar, Sea Salt & Pepper, Naturally Sweet, Dusted Dark Chocolate and Jalapeño. (Perfect for after-school snacking!)
We love SkinnyPop so much that in addition to being a great addition to my kid’s lunches, it is also the single best way to get them excited about the main course. Today I’m sharing my Popcorn Crusted Chicken, which was a huge hit with all three of my kids. (And way more wholesome than reaching for a box of chicken or hitting a drive through.)
I like to make it for dinner and then pack up leftovers in a small thermos for lunch the next day. Paired with a bag of SkinnyPop, fruit and vegetables, it is a wholesome lunch my kids love.
Popcorn Crusted Chicken
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast cut into cubes
- 3 1/2 cups SkinnyPop Popcorn
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour
- 2 large eggs
- Coconut oil for cooking
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, combine popcorn, arrowroot powder, onion powder, garlic powder and salt. Process until powdery and transfer to a shallow bowl.
- Place flour in a separate shallow bowl. Whisk eggs in another bowl.
- Coat chicken in flour. Dip in egg mixture and then coat with the popcorn mixture.
- Heat enough coconut oil to cover a skillet to medium-high heat. Cook chicken until browned, about three or four minutes per side. Transfer to a baking sheet and cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.