If you were to ask my boys what Mom’s #1 rule is, they would both answer “Stay little.”
(While rolling their eyes.)
I may be slightly obnoxious with it, but I’ve been teasing them for years that they weren’t doing a good job following my rule because they were growing so fast.
(Confession: I used to whisper “stay little” in their ears as they slept when they were tiny.)
As much as I miss my crazy little boys, the truth is that I very much adore where they are right now. It is so amazing to be able to sit down and have a great conversation with them about something meaningful.
They melt my heart with hugs that make me aware that all too soon, I will be looking up to them.
Perhaps my favorite thing about them being older is that they are so fun to hang out with.
Recently, I planned a fun movie night for them to watch Surfs Up 2: WaveMania. It was just released on DVD & Digital a few days ago by Sony Pictures Animation & WWE Studios. (You can pick it up at Walmart or get it on iTunes or Amazon.com.)
My boys love anything with action and adventure, and I knew they would love to watch Cody, Chicken Joe & Lani as they tackled their most epic adventure yet. It is an extreme surfing adventure starring your favorite WWE superstars! They are put to the test and learn the meaning of teamwork as they journey to the most legendary surfing spot on the planet.
I wasn't wrong. The boys and a couple of their friends ADORED the movie. I usually only watch animated movies for the snuggles, but I enjoyed this one!
Even Skye was entertained by the cute penguins.
The message was great too: Never give up on being awesome!
I stuck to a simple menu of Oven Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings, dips and a veggie platter.
I knew my crowd, and the boys all love a little heat, but I saved out a few without the sauce just in case!
And of course, there was lots of popcorn afterward!
A fun movie and fun times!
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, salt, paprika and black pepper.
- Place wings or drumettes in a plastic back and pour marinate over them. Allow to sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange chicken on baking sheets in a single layer. Bake for 50 minutes, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine buffalo sauce, butter, vinegar and cayenne pepper. Cook over low heat until the butter is melted.
- Transfer wings to a large bowl and toss with sauce. Serve with desired dipping sauce.