And of course, there is coleslaw, where cabbage really gets a chance to shine.
Of course, when you make coleslaw as much as I do, you have to find a way to mix things up.
Enter my Blue Cheese Coleslaw. The perfect way to mix things up.
This is great by itself but also turns sandwiches and wraps into something special!
Blue Cheese Coleslaw
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup homemade mayonnaise or Veganaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon celery seeds
- ¾ cup crumbled blue cheese ***see note
- ½ large head green cabbage shredded
- 2 carrots shredded
- 4 green onions sliced thin
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Whisk together yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, hot sauce, sea salt, celery seeds and ½ cup blue cheese.
- In a large bowl combine cabbage, carrots and ½ of green onions. Toss with yogurt mixture and sprinkle with remaining green onions, blue cheese and parsley.