This Sweet Potato Rice Pilaf is part of The Recipe Redux. Every month a group of bloggers joins and feature a recipe along a common theme. This month, we are exploring creative cuts with fruits and vegetables. Make sure you check out all of the other amazing recipes below!
Everyone has their quirks, and one of mine is how excited produce makes me. I get giddy when I get home from the farmer’s market and fill my pantry and fridge with the goodies from my haul. It isn’t that I am all about healthy foods (hello, anything creamy), but I am blessed with a genuine love of vegetables.
It would be hard for me to pick a favorite, but up near the top is sweet potatoes. There are just so many great ways to use them. You can roast them, bake them or even fry them.
Today, let’s mix things up, shall we?
In honor of my love for Cauliflower “Rice”, let’s make Sweet Potato “Rice”.Sweet Potato 'Rice' Pilaf #vegan #glutenfree #thereciperedux #healthyClick To Tweet
This is such a delicious dish! It is vegan and gluten-free, making it perfect for the whole crowd.
I used a vegetable peeler which sliced the potatoes really thin so that they would break apart when they were cooking. You could also pulse the potatoes in your food processor for a smaller “rice”. Either way, this is one you’ve got to try.
Make sure you check out the rest of the amazing Recipe Redux recipes below!
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut with a julienne peeler
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon shallots
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 bunch green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Heat avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sweet potatoes, red pepper, shallots, paprika and salad. Cover and cook for 5 minutes, until potatoes are tender. At this point, provided your cuts are thin enough, the potatoes will start to break into a rice-like form.
- Uncover and stir in green onions and chives. Cook for another 4 minutes, stirring to break apart the sweet potatoes.
- Add walnuts and serve warm.