Are you ready for a delicious and easy meal? If so, this Blackstone Chicken Fried Rice is just what you are looking for. This family-favorite recipe combines juicy and tender chicken with fresh vegetables and crispy fried rice for an amazing meal that is sure to satisfy even the pickiest of eaters.
This time of year, when the weather is almost perfect here in Florida, I am always looking for a reason to take dinnertime outdoors with my Blackstone griddle.
From Blackstone steak, to chicken quesadillas, Blackstone salmon, and griddle asparagus, my trusty flat top grill never lets me down.
Blackstone fried rice has long been a favorite side dish at our house.
When I want all the flavors in a delicious main course, this chicken fried rice on the Blackstone is perfect! It is fast, filling, and budget-friendly.
Read on, and I’ll teach you how to make this main dish recipe that your whole family will love.
You Will Need
- Eggs: I almost always use large eggs in my kitchen, but any size of egg will work just fine here.
- Soy Sauce: Soy sauce is a fried rice classic, but you could use coconut aminos, Braggs liquid aminos, or gluten-free tamari if you prefer. Make sure to choose low-sodium soy sauce if you are watching your sodium intake.
- Oil: I like to use avocado oil because of its high heat tolerance, but any oil that can withstand high temperatures will do when making chicken fried rice on the griddle. You could also use butter if you prefer.
- Chicken: Boneless, skinless chicken thighs work best here, but you could also use boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Make sure you cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Other proteins such as beef, pork, or shrimp may also be used to make fried rice.
- Veggies: I love the combination of carrots, red onion, and green beans for this recipe, but you could use other vegetables as well like mushrooms, frozen peas, bell peppers, or zucchini.
- Garlic and Ginger: Ginger and garlic are staples in fried rice. Fresh is always nice, but you could use frozen or jarred. I have found frozen to be an especially good time-saving alternative in my kitchen. You could use a half teaspoon of garlic powder if you prefer.
- Rice: I use white basmati rice or jasmine rice for this recipe, but you could use your favorite type of white rice, brown rice, or even quinoa. This is my favorite way to use leftover rice.
Step by Step Instructions
First, start by whisking together the eggs and 1 teaspoon of soy sauce in a medium bowl.
Next, heat your Blackstone grill to medium low heat and add the avocado oil.
Drizzle sesame oil over it then add the beaten eggs. Scramble for about 1 minute or until set, then remove from the griddle to a plate and chop.
Add the chicken, carrots, red onion, and green beans. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the remaining soy sauce, ginger, and garlic over this mixture and cook for 3 to 5 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are crisp tender.
Add the cooked rice and remaining 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons of soy sauce to the pan.
Stir everything together, then cook for 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add the egg and cook for another minute. Remove from heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Top with cashews, chili oil, and sesame seeds and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
- For perfect fried rice, it's best to use leftover rice instead of freshly cooked rice. Stir-frying freshly cooked rice can lead to overcooked and mushy rice. To avoid this, allow the rice to cool and dry overnight or for several hours before using it in your recipe.
- Feel free to add other proteins to the mix! Bacon, ham, and shrimp are work well with the chicken here.
- I love to finish this dish with freshly chopped herbs like cilantro or Thai basil. Green onions also make a fabulous finish.
- Make this dish vegan by omitting the chicken and eggs, and using vegan substitutes like tofu or tempeh.
- To make this fried rice gluten-free, just use gluten-free soy sauce or tamari instead of regular soy sauce.
Hibachi chicken fried rice on the Blackstone is a meal by itself! If you’d like to round it out with a side dish, try a simple green salad with Asian dressing,
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you cook rice before putting on a Blackstone griddle?
Yes, it is important to make sure that the rice is cooked before adding it to the griddle. You can cook your rice any way you like. I love to make slow cooker rice or Instant Pot jasmine rice on the weekend for meal prep.
If you are using pre-cooked rice or quinoa, you can skip this step.
What is the secret ingredient to restaurant fried rice?
Many restaurants use a "secret sauce" in their fried rice to give it an extra kick of flavor. This sauce is usually made of oyster sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil and other flavorful ingredients. It's a great way to add depth and richness to your fried rice.
Tools Needed to Make
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Blackstone griddle
- Griddle spatula
Leftover fried rice can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
To reheat leftovers, microwave on medium power for 1-2 minutes or until hot. Alternatively, you can reheat this easy Blackstone chicken fried rice on a skillet over medium high heat. Enjoy!
30-Minute Blackstone Chicken Fried Rice
- Blackstone Griddle
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup soy sauce divided
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or other heat safe oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped green beans
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 cups cooked rice
- For serving: Chopped cashews chili oil, sesame seeds
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and 1 teaspoon of the soy sauce.
- Heat your Blackstone to medium low. Add the avocado oil and then drizzle the sesame oil over it.
- Add the eggs and cook for about 1 minute, or until set. Remove from the griddle to a plate and chop.
- Add the chicken, carrots, red onion, and green beans.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the remaining soy sauce, ginger, and garlic.
- Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are crisp tender.
- Add the cooked rice and remaining 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons of soy sauce. Cook for 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the egg, and cook for another minute. Remove from heat, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with cashews, chili oil, and sesame seeds.
Leave a Reply