These Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes will end your weekday meal stress. With options for breakfast, lunch and dinner you can feed your family delicious meals without a lot of effort.
I like easy in the kitchen all the time, but never more than as when we get towards fall.
I know it isn't technically Fall, and it is still VERY warm here, but something about school starting back always makes me switch into Fall mode. And to me, Fall means slow cooker recipes!
The beginning of the school year is always pretty stressful, as two not-so-little boys put up their full resistance at getting back to their studies. Every year I say we are just going to home school all year around so we don't have to got through this. By summer I'm so hungry from a break that we end up taking the summer off.
The easiest dinner solution right now is slow cooker recipes. I can work on them in the morning and be in the kitchen to help the boys with school. It is perfect because then don't have to worry about dinner in the evening. By that time, all I really feel like doing is sitting on the back porch with a glass of wine, convincing myself that the air is indeed cooler than it was a few weeks ago.
One thing I've noticed with slow cooker recipes is that sometimes they aren't the healthiest. I thought today I'd share with you 34 ways that you can crock on and still stay relatively healthy.
Here are 34 Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes
1. Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos with Mango Salsa - By WendyPolisi
If you are looking for a slow cooker recipe that will wow the family, this is a must-try. It is different and delicious and one you will make again and again.
2. Slow Cooker Raspberry Coconut Cake - By AllDayIDreamAboutFood
Cake in the slow cooker? Yes, please! This low carb, dairy free cake doesn't feel like a sacrifice.
3. Slow Cooker Peaches and Cream Oatmeal - By SpicySouthernKitchen
There is nothing like waking up to breakfast already done and this Slow Cooker Peaches and Cream Oatmeal looks like a winner. I love this southern take on oatmeal.
4. Slow Cooker Eggplant Parmesan - By WendyPolisi
Save time and calories with this easy and healthier Eggplant Parmesan! Eggplant Parm is one of my husbands favorite recipes, and I developed this recipe to make it easier to make it for him. It has become one of our favorite healthy slow cooker recipes.
5. Crock Pot Orange Chicken - By Diethood
No need to eat out with this Crock Pot Orange Chicken recipe! With just 200 calories a serving, this one won't wreck your diet for sure.
6. Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies - By DamnDelicious
It doesn't get much more simple than this Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies!
7. Slow Cooker Curried Cashews & Almonds - By WendyPolisi
This recipe was born after a spent a ridiculous sum of money on curried cashews at a specialty shop. You won't believe how delicious these nuts are - or how easy they are to make. See, healthy slow cooker recipes can extend beyond breakfast and dinner!
8. Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowl - By EverydayDishes
There is never a time when I wouldn't be happy to come home to this Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowl! I love the suggestion to serve it over cilantro lime rice.
9. Slow Cooker Salted Caramel Almond Granola - By TheSeasonedMom
I love granola, but had never thought to make it in the slow cooker. What a brilliant idea. Plus Salted Caramel. Yum.
10. Slow Cooker Chipotle Meatballs - By WendyPolisi
These slow cooker meatballs are easy to make and perfect for your next football party. With a bit of kick, these babies will have your guests coming back for more.
11. Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce - By MomOnTimeout
This is one of those staple recipes that every Mom needs to have in her arsenal. This healthy slow cooker recipe is such an amazing way to stock up your freezer too.
12. Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas - By CookingClassy
Fajitas are a meal that the whole family loves, and what better way than to make it easy on yourself than by making them in the slow cooker?
13. Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Quinoa - By Bobbi'sCozyKitchen
As many quinoa recipes as I've made, I rarely cook quinoa in the slow cooker. This recipe shows me what I've been missing out on. It looks so amazing, doesn't it?
14. Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Sandwiches with Skinny Slaw - By WendyPolisi.com
This is one of my all time favorite recipes. We make it at least once a month and everyone in the family loves it.
15, Junipered Orange Slow Cooker Chicken - By CookingandBeer
So simple, but so delicious! I love the idea of using a unique slow cooker chicken to make tacos.
16. Slow Cooker Beef Tacos - By WendyPolisi.com
A more traditional take on tacos, these Slow Cooker Beef Tacos are packed with flavor. This is a staple recipe you will make over and over.
17. Crockpot Southwest Chicken Sandwiches - By Crockpot Gourmet
I love making chicken sandwiches in the slow cooker, and these sandwiches look amazing. I've never made slaw with corn before, but it looks amazing.
18. Slow Cooker Mexican Quinoa and Rice - By WendyPolisi.com
This is such an easy side for those nights when you are grilling out! I also like it served with tacos.
19. Slow Cooker Chicken Fajita Soup - By TheRecipeCritic
I love everything about this soup, from the corn and black beans to the crispy tortillas on top. And, of course, avocado!
20. Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Casserole - By WendyPolisi.com
This tortilla casserole is comfort food at its best! Serve it with a salad with Cilantro Lime dressing and you've got a great healthy meal that you'll look forward to time and again.
21. Buffalo Chicken Dip with Zucchini - By LifeMadeSweeter
You guys know I love all things buffalo! This looks so good and I love the idea of making it healthier with the addition of zucchini.
22. Slow Cooker Chicken and Broccoli Sauce - By GirlCarnivore
It isn't always easy to get pasta right in the slow cooker, so I love this idea. Make the sauce in the slow cooker, cook your pasta and dinner is solved. Easy Peasy.
23. Spicy Slow Cooker Almonds - WendyPolisi
Nuts are my go-to snack and these nuts are insanely delicious - and almost effortless to make!
24. Clean Eating Slow Cooker Molten Lava Cake - By MyNaturalFamily
Healthy chocolate cake in the slow cooker? It doesn't get any better than that.
25. Black Bean Butternut Squash Chili by Veggie Inspired
This is my kind of healthy slow cooker recipe! Not only is this butternut squash chili packed with plant based goodness, it is total comfort food. Love the way she topped it off with avocado.
26. Slow Cooker Better Than Botox Bone Broth by Platings and Parings
I got on the bone broth band wagon last year and I'll never look back. If you haven't tried it you simply MUST! It has helped me in so many ways - from skin to digestion. This is one of those healthy slow cooker recipes that every Mom needs.
27. Slow Cooker Chicken with Orange Sauce by What a Girl Eats
Who needs delivery when you can make a delicious chicken dish like this in a snap?! This low carb gluten free chicken recipe is one the whole family is sure to love.
28. Slow Cooker Steel Cut Oats from A Nerd Cooks
Breakfast in the slow cooker? Yes, please! What a great way to simplify your busy mornings and make sure the whole family gets a warm and delicious meal.
29. Slow Cooker Italian Stuffed Pepper Soup from Healthier Dishes
How great would it be to come home at the end of a long cold day to this healthy and hearty dish? I love the idea of topping the soup with rice.
30. Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken Sliders from Omnivores Cookbook
The only reason these slow cooker chicken sliders may not be healthy, is that you may not be able to stop at one. Or two. Or three. It is true: Sometimes healthy slow cooker recipes can make you look like a kitchen genius.
31. Slow Cooker Honey Soy Sriracha Pulled Chicken from Nutmeg Nanny
If you like Sriracha, this slow cooker pulled chicken MUST go into your recipe rotation.
32. Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal from The Suburban Soapbox
No doubt that your slow cooker will be happy to meet pumpkin...and your family just may wake up early thanks to the smell of this Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal. Nothing better than waking up to healthy slow cooker recipes for breakfast!
33. Slow Cooker Quinoa Chicken Chili from Living Lou
If you like quinoa and chicken chili, this is a marriage made in heaven!
34. Slow Cooker Italian Beef Stew from The Life Jolie
I am not sure comfort food gets much better than this Slow Cooker Italian Beef Stew!