These Slow Cooker Beef Fajitas are a great easy weeknight meal. With a great kick from chipotle chili pepper and garlic, this will become a favorite.
I hit a point in the summer where some days the idea of turning on the oven or stove is about as appealing as spending the day outdoors on a humid 105 degree day.
If it were just me, I'd likely make a simple salad and call it a day. But with two growing boys whose appetites are ever increasing, this typically isn't an option. They aren't typically big fans of "rabbit food".
My solution is to dust off my crock pot, and create a meal that they will love without having to slave over a hot stove.
The Quality of Meat You Eat Matters!
You know that eating organic, grass-fed and ethically-raised animal protein is important, but sourcing it can be a challenge. Enter Butcher Box! Their monthly subscription service delivers a selection of hormone and antibiotic free cuts direct to your door, including 100% grass-fed and grass-finished beef, free range organic chicken and heritage breed pork.
Read my full Butcher Box Review for why they are my go-to company.
(The following link is an affiliate link)
Get 10% Off, Free Bacon & Free Shipping!
When I posted this Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Casserole, I talked about how slow I was in jumping on the Slow Cooker bandwagon. These days, I can't figure out why. With three busy kids, I love it not only to keep from heating up the house in the summer, but also because it allows me to have more time doing the things I love. (We make these Sandwiches at least once a month and some variation of tacos at least once a week.)
How often do you use your Slow Cooker?
You May Also Like These Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Eggplant Parmesan
- Blackstone Fajitas
- Slow Cooker Chipotle Meatballs
- 20 Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes
- Slow Cooker Marinara
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos with Mango Salsa
Slow Cooker Beef Fajitas
- 1 green pepper cored, seeded and sliced
- 1 red pepper cored, seeded and sliced
- 1 yellow pepper cored, seeded and sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce minced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 ½ pounds flank steak
- 16 ounces salsa
- For serving: gluten free tortillas I like corn tortillas, Greek yogurt or sour cream, cheese
- Place peppers, onions, chipotle chile, and garlic in the slow cooker insert and toss. If necessary, cut meat to fit into your slow cooker. Place meat on top of the vegetables and top with salsa. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Transfer meat to a cutting board and shred. Remove vegetables with a slotted spoon and toss reserved liquid with the meat.
- To serve, place meat and vegetables in tortillas and top with desired toppings.
Hi Wendy. Can you tell me how you are measuring the salsa? 16 oz by weight or volume? Thanks Cathy
I purchased a 16 oz jar.